HELP Eibach sway bar adjustment - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • HELP Eibach sway bar adjustment

Wheels & Tires Grabbing the road and stopping.

HELP Eibach sway bar adjustment

Old 01-17-2004, 03:15 PM
HELP Eibach sway bar adjustment

I just got Eibach sway bars for my sedan. I have them adjusted to what I think the instructions say is the best location for streetablility. I think. The reason I'm not sure is that the instructions say for track use use the Full Forward
position. Does that mean that I should use the holes towards the rear of the car or the one towards the front?Towards the rear would would push the bars as far forward as possible. Using the front holes would push the sway bar towards the back of the car. Where they are now I can't tell the difference from the stock sway bars. Help, I have an SCCA event tomorrow and I want to make sure I use the sawy bars to their full potential.

Old 01-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Re: HELP Eibach sway bar adjustment

I think I found the info in another past post, but if anyone has any more input on how they have the Eibach sway bars adjusted for the sedan I would love to hear. Mine are adjusted in the softest position up front and the middle setting in the rear. I only did this because the instructions make it sound like the best of both worlds. I will report back after this weekends autoX event at the California Speedway.

Old 01-17-2004, 06:08 PM

The closer you place the end links in the adjustment holes that are closer to the bar center line, the stiffer you have made the whole bar. It's a leverage priciple. The softest setting are likely softer than oem or are a tiny increase. Setting the front in the stiffest position and the rear in the middle, it would be highly unlikely that you'd be increasing either end the same amount, with the rear likely having a much higher increase. And that's where I'd start out at, then progressively ramp up cornering speeds and see where the balance is, making any needed adjustments after you've carefully tested things. Plan to put some miles on it before you make changes unless it's in you face obvious you need to change.

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

G35 6mt
Old 01-17-2004, 08:52 PM

Whoa!

There's *two* adjustment holes on each side of the front bar, and three adjustment holes on each side of the rear bar. In each case, the closer the hole is to the bar that spans across the car, the stiffer the set-up. The softer setting in front and the middle hole on each side of the rear bar is what is recommended for best all around street handling. The stiffer front setting and the stiffest rear setting is recommended for dry track use only.

'03 G35 5AT Sedan, Garnet Fire/Willow
18x8 SSR GT1/Bridgestone S03 225/45/18Y
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs & Anti-Sway Kit
Stillen Cat-Back Dual Exhaust System
Old 01-31-2004, 12:47 AM

I just got my eibach swaybars today. Do wheels REALLY need to be taken off before installations? Thanks

Old 01-31-2004, 01:14 AM

no

Frank
CM Motorsports
Irvine, Ca
2003 G35 5AT Sedan
K&N Typhoon
GReddy Evo Cat back
Tein Flex coilovers
Tein EDFC
Brembo
Nismo LSD
GReddy Twin Turbo's on Monday
Old 01-31-2004, 07:54 PM

What tools is needed for this installation?

Old 03-04-2004, 02:56 AM

What was the result of your Eibach sway bar experiment? Curious minds want to know...

Scott