Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical) - Page 4 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)

Ecu tuning 2002/2003 g35sedan (very technical)

Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM
The link you sent with the ZIP file just has FSM pin outs. ??

im still not sure why you think it wont work??
Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 AM
's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
oh ok cool

and new ecu??? sorry man thats a EPIC FAIL

ive purchased 4 ecu's all for <$100 each.

why would you not use a used ecu? no wonder you could spend about the same amount of money and get a haltech??? ecu from dealer is 500+ right??

edit went and priced new ecu just for fun 350z ecu, from Courtesy 675-789 ish.

[22611]+\%28z33&cPath=714_715_743_747
I have a corporate account with Nissan/Infiniti. I can get just about anything cheaper. But going with ECU's it's best to go with a virgin system (with warranty)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:09 AM
's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurraTT View Post
The link you sent with the ZIP file just has FSM pin outs. ??

im still not sure why you think it wont work??
Not that it will not work. Just the amount of energy that it takes to make it happen I rather go full standalone. It'll give me more control over the engine than the OEM Ecu can. In the event I decide to go boost, I'd be able to program the system to work boost by gear, etc...

Anything can work with the right amount of money thrown at it correctly. But is it cost effective?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I have a corporate account with Nissan/Infiniti. I can get just about anything cheaper. But going with ECU's it's best to go with a virgin system (with warranty)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Not that it will not work. Just the amount of energy that it takes to make it happen I rather go full standalone. It'll give me more control over the engine than the OEM Ecu can. In the event I decide to go boost, I'd be able to program the system to work boost by gear, etc...

Anything can work with the right amount of money thrown at it correctly. But is it cost effective?

I can see where your coming from and for you a haltech is most def what you need to do. But i'm trying to make this possible for everyone as i dont even have a G.

Yes i do believe its cost effective on thats if you get the parts cheap enough. I'm not sure how good a corporate discount is but it would have to be a lot to make this cost effective over just getting used parts.

Depending on how you want to tune, basic reflash, full on tuner version. This swap can be done fairly cheap. Also once you have the black connector ecu you can run whatever system you want. A really soild system is a reflash on the stock ecu for speed, dtc disable, etc, then a haltech. Also that way the haltech retains its stock harness, if it was ever sold or something.

On a side note are these early G's the ones without HID's??? Its amazing how infiniti done that, while my 02 maxima has factory hids.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
? = 2B || !2B
^Mine doesn't have HID, but it was an option even on the early ones.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM
I am in for any solutions.... I thought I was safe because I had no doggy doors and HIDs but noooope i have the untuneable.

Other alternatives other than a reflash? Are any decent standalones affordable? I am hoping to get tuned for full exhaust + Plenum spacer + CAI.

Planning to get cams and polished heads and all that stuff at some point....
Old 04-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVG View Post
I am in for any solutions.... I thought I was safe because I had no doggy doors and HIDs but noooope i have the untuneable.

Other alternatives other than a reflash? Are any decent standalones affordable? I am hoping to get tuned for full exhaust + Plenum spacer + CAI.

Planning to get cams and polished heads and all that stuff at some point....
Options are Available, right now not many have done anything tho.

Currently working on, the ecu swap. Slow Progress

Easy way out, PNP Haltech just a little costly but a solid tuning device. Im also working on this. ()

Soon there will be more information on this.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Former setemail.ru Vendor
So by simply swapping Wiring harness with a 2004 (5AT) and also the ECU from the same we should be able to maintain function of most things - but NATS is the issue correct?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
^^ There's nothing easy about it, and I don't even think it's even been done. There are just too many other things that would have to swap as well... BCM and entire engine harness for example. Why waste so much time for something that might not even work, when its far, far less expensive to just trade up to the year/model you need.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley View Post
So by simply swapping Wiring harness with a 2004 (5AT) and also the ECU from the same we should be able to maintain function of most things - but NATS is the issue correct?

Working on testing all of this out ASAP, currently making a adapter harness, no need to swap the entire engine harness.

Will know exactly whats going on soon!

Main things:

NATS

MIL light

Auto Trans

There will be a new thread once some testing is done.

Last edited by SurraTT; 04-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:53 PM
Former setemail.ru Vendor
good to hear

all 2003 with the early ECU are 5AT so they will all be the same

Why is the MIL function off?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 AM
? = 2B || !2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by djamps View Post
^^ There's nothing easy about it, and I don't even think it's even been done. There are just too many other things that would have to swap as well... BCM and entire engine harness for example. Why waste so much time for something that might not even work, when its far, far less expensive to just trade up to the year/model you need.
...um, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley View Post
good to hear

all 2003 with the early ECU are 5AT so they will all be the same

Why is the MIL function off?
MIL functions differently.
On the 03.0 there's a wire straight from the ECU, on the newer ones it's a signal that goes over the CAN bus, the dash picks up on that signal/message, and illuminates the MIL.
Worst case scenario, you would have to program an ELM 327 to constantly scan for a MIL on the OBDII diag port, and send power to the MIL wire on the 03 dash.
Although there's a small possibility that the 03.0 dash/gauge cluster might just light the MIL from either the input wire OR the CAN bus, that would be really nice, but that's just complete speculation at the moment.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Sub'd. Just bought a cobb ap from a member here thinking that it will work, unfortunately, I now have a $400 paper weight

I have an early 04 (manufactured 07/03) and a manual transmission. I am really interested in further progression of this concept. I don't have the $$$ to buy a full standalone (haltech, aem, etc) so for now I'm left tuneless. I wanted to get osiris, but if the cobb ap won't work, osiris probably won't as well.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWay View Post
Sub'd. Just bought a cobb ap from a member here thinking that it will work, unfortunately, I now have a $400 paper weight

I have an early 04 (manufactured 07/03) and a manual transmission. I am really interested in further progression of this concept. I don't have the $$$ to buy a full standalone (haltech, aem, etc) so for now I'm left tuneless. I wanted to get osiris, but if the cobb ap won't work, osiris probably won't as well.

Im 99% sure this ecu issue is ONLY for Autos.

so you should visually check which ecu you have,, if its the black connector ecu osiris should work for you.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
? = 2B || !2B
^+1. All the MT's have the newer ECU (Osiris compatible) as per the Factory Service Manual.