B1129 - Side Module RH - Airbag Flashing - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • B1129 - Side Module RH - Airbag Flashing

General Tech Questions
This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

B1129 - Side Module RH - Airbag Flashing

Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 PM
Question B1129 - Side Module RH - Airbag Flashing

Hey guys,

I drive a 2005 G35 sedan with almost 90k miles on it. I absolutely love my car, but I have an issue with my airbag.

So few months ago while driving, the airbag light started flashing for no reason. Recently, a mechanic scanned it for $40. He said heíll fix it if itís something simple. The diagnostic tool (Autel Maxisys) gave fault code B1129 Ė side module RH. The mechanic unzipped the passenger seat, unplugged the harness, and plugged it back. We turned the car on and the airbag light was gone. We turned the car off and on few times, but it never showed up. I assumed the problem was fixed. He said he does not guarantee that the airbag light wonít come on again. I asked him what if it does. He told me to bring it back, heíll take the seat off, and said something about using one single harness instead of the mess down there or something like that. I didnít quite understand. He asked for $100 (if no additional parts needed). Anyway, the same day after work, I turned on the car and it started flashing again. I looked up the code online, but it didnít give me much information. Anyone dealt with this issue before or knows a solution?

Also, if the mechanic clears/resets the airbag light from the diagnostic tool, will the airbag light come on again? Will the airbag deploy in case of an accident after the reset/clear?

I would appreciate any help!

P.S. I did not do anything to the passenger seat if you are wondering.

I did the manual airbag reset like in this video (
). The airbag light goes away, but it always comes back on after few minutes or so.

I called an Infiniti dealership and told them about the flashing airbag light. They told me to bring it in to diagnose it for $150.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Update: I took it to my mechanic, gave him the $100, and the flashing airbag light is gone!
Old 01-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Any idea what he did? How long has the light been off?
Old 01-01-2016, 12:35 PM
I am not really sure, but he played with the harness or replaced it. It has been off for almost 2 months. He guaranteed it will not come back on and if it does, he will fix it for free.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Nice. I think I have the same issue, (as best I can tell from the diagnostic mode flashes). Maybe I'll take mine to my mechanic in the spring, (car is stored for the winter).
Old 01-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Good luck man! Keep me posted.