Will my car be totaled? - Page 3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Will my car be totaled?

G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Will my car be totaled?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramadan
auto repair shop did a once over and said its going to need a lot of work. the floor board in the trunk has to be replaced (he said this is the frame) he said its going to be "well over 15k to fix." its up to the insurance now i guess....

well then u should start talking about them compensating you for the loss of value.. and you should also speak to a lawyer about claiming those damages from the company of the person who is at fault... lawyer time.. dont get screwed over..
Old 03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
If they do not total it, you may want to contact your leinholder and inform them of the accident and the potential loss of value it will incur. Sometimes the bank will get involved and sway an insurance adjuster.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM
once your airbags are out, it's totalled
Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmy
once your airbags are out, it's totalled
Says who? Air bags get depolyed all the time in a accident. If your statement was true insurance companies would be out of the business. If the car rolls over then your car is totaled for sure no and if's or but's.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Red Card Crew
The airbag thing only applies when the value of the car isn't too great. In this case, we are talking about $35,000+ here.

But I have to say it's totalled. Not just because of the parts but the extensive unibody damage that seems to have happened. You have the rear crush zone damaged and the front unibody section looks to be tweaked to one side pretty bad. I wouldn't doubt the shop could find some creases in the unibody structure in the cabin area also.

They should just write this one off. What YOU need to do is to make SURE you get compensated enough to buy another new G.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:01 PM
the problem is this as a lease not sure if that has any factor. i paid around 4k down, i assume all this is lost should it be a total?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
i've never leased so i don't know, but i don't see how, when you go into a lease, the car you lease is worth let's say 35k, the car is totalled and they pay 35k, i don't think the 4k is lost?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah thats gone.. my z wasnt that bad and was totaled..plus airbags usually mean total neway...get an 08 now
Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
well that sux...

hmm, since it's the other guys fault, don't you have injuries? (really, do you?)
Old 03-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn
yeah thats gone.. my z wasnt that bad and was totaled..plus airbags usually mean total neway...get an 08 now
Let me state this again deployment of airbags does not mean the car is totaled. It is not even usually mean totaled airbags can go off and have less then $3000 of damage. It is the damage ratio to the what the car is worth that determines the decision most of the time. They can fix anything but it is the money involved remember insurance companies are in it for making money not losing money.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:29 PM
probably not

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssramadan
Hey guys i need advice/ opinions. I was involved in an accident that was not my fault. I have geico and the person that hit me has allstate. Car acccident two days ago. Car spun me into a barrier twice once in front and once in rear. airbags deployed on passenger side seat and in ceiling (front and rear) scratches on 3 rims. front of car was pushed in and my hood is misaligned and wont open neither will my drivers door. if you pop the trunk the metal from the right side rear collision is pushed in against my doughnut. the entire car has scratchs and i believe will all have to be pained (except the rough) rear and front bumbers are destroyed. the alignment is messed up and exaust muflers both smashed in.ps this is the g35 sport. thanks for any advice!!! my concern is that my car with 17k on it is only 8 months old and even if all is repaired it will never drive as it did. please see pics....
I have some recent experience in this area. My daughter's leased, 5 day old Jetta, with 300 miles on the odometer was rear-ended by an uninsured drunk. It was hit a lot harder than yours, and pushed into a truck in front of it.

To total the car, repairs had to reach in excess of 70% of the insurance companies perceived value. In the case of the Jetta, that was about $17,000in repairs. In spite of the heavily bent frame and CRUSHED rear end, the insurance company came very close to requiring us to repair it.

I would guess that your car's value exceeds 25K. The damage, while ugly, is far less than my daughter's Jetta. Best case it might be $15-16K.

If they do total it, it's value will suddenly plummet by about $8K. Insurance companies don't play fair, and it is all about saving them money.

If the lease is with Infiniti I think they automatically offer gap insurance, that might come into play here too. It might save you some or all of that $4K. You violated the standard rule-of-thumb with leases, put zero dollars into it.

hth,
Jim
Old 03-03-2008, 07:59 PM
I would total it.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
everybody and their mother (on setemail.ru) would consider a fender bender to be a total loss. <-- very true and some of you guys know this.

but i actually think yours will be. that looks really bad. hope you get back on the road soon.
and glad you are ok bro.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_G35_XS
Says who? Air bags get depolyed all the time in a accident. If your statement was true insurance companies would be out of the business. If the car rolls over then your car is totaled for sure no and if's or but's.
ask around.. you'll see
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
frame is bent. it's a gonner.