Finally hardwired my Bel RX65 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Finally hardwired my Bel RX65

G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Finally hardwired my Bel RX65

Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Finally hardwired my Bel RX65

Well, I finally got a chance to hardwire my radar detector. I've been wanting to do this for a while now but just wanted to think it through thoroughly what I wanted before I jumped in and it came out just how I wanted it. I'm planning on making a cover for the remote to fill the astray to make it look more professional. Some of you might be asking why I mounted the radar so high. The reason I mounted the radar so high behind the mirrow is because most likely I won't be tagged from the rear, I don't want people to be able to see it from the rear, and just because so no posts about where I mounted it...to each his own! For the remote, I actually had to extend the power wire that went to the fuse box and the ground wire as well. Total time to do the install was less than 1.5 hours. I don't know if any has attempted to place the remote in the astray before but man, its soo sleek
Attached Thumbnails
Finally hardwired my Bel RX65-poweredon.jpg Finally hardwired my Bel RX65-frontal.jpg Finally hardwired my Bel RX65-open.jpg Finally hardwired my Bel RX65-poweredoff.jpg
Old 03-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned
that looks really good, i like it a lot, nice and clean, A+ with that
Old 03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
Looks good. Now wipe down the rear view mirror
Old 03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
An Army of One...
NIce install, you should mount the remote in a piece of plastic similar to this.Finally hardwired my Bel RX65-switch.jpg. in the ash tray..
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
I didn't realize how dirty my center console and rear mirror were until I looked at the pictures...I mean geeze....
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real_G
NIce install, you should mount the remote in a piece of plastic similar to this.Attachment 37779. in the ash tray..

I was planning on doing just that and also adding an on/off switch while I'm at it. I'm going to have to tap into the ground wire to make the switch so hopefully its not too bad. I'm just happy with how it turned out
Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I love my RX65 Pro but I don't know if I'd do a permanent install only because sometimes I unplug it when traveling with parents/clients/associates. Is it possible to remove the unit from the windshield so that it's just the connector wire sitting there or is it all completely and permanently attached? I wouldn't mind the wire there but the actual unit.. people start asking questions!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGFox
I love my RX65 Pro but I don't know if I'd do a permanent install only because sometimes I unplug it when traveling with parents/clients/associates. Is it possible to remove the unit from the windshield so that it's just the connector wire sitting there or is it all completely and permanently attached? I wouldn't mind the wire there but the actual unit.. people start asking questions!

The power wire is "permanently" fixed to the car so that it powers on everytime I start the car. But the wiring is detachable so you can remove the unit to another car easily (the unit still draws power through the telephone jack located on the unit), just make sure u have the cig power adapter in the other car. I move the unit between my car and my sister's car. The only thing thats "permanent" about the hardwire is the power wire and ground wire, both of which can be removed from the car very easily if I chose to uninstall it. For the remote, I didn't drill through the the removable astray. I drilled through the actually astray thats part of the center console if that makes any sense. The reason I did that is because if I ever want to sell the car, I can stick in the removable astray and no one is the wiser.