anyone have any reviews on those ebay catback exhaust system ? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • anyone have any reviews on those ebay catback exhaust system ?

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

anyone have any reviews on those ebay catback exhaust system ?

Old 12-25-2011, 07:43 PM
anyone have any reviews on those ebay catback exhaust system ?

just bought the full exhast for like 300 bills
r they any good w sound and performance??
Old 12-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Old 12-25-2011, 09:14 PM
well i had one on my g35 coupe at one point,bought it off of craigslist used for like 150 bucks, they sound kind of raspy, i ended up selling it back on craigslist for 200 bucks 2 months later. I replaced it with a Borla system, sounds ALOT deeper, but for the price i guess the ebay exhaust was worth it.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
i guess it depends on how tight you are on money. Mine was extremely raspy and the tones from the pipes didn't even matIch up. Power gain was miniscule once it gets all the way down to the wheels. The most annoying thing is the poor quality of the tips, theyll put heat damage on your bumper since they sit so close and they are just made horribly, they will end up looking like crap unless you clean them very often. I ended up just switching back to stock because it sounded sexier to me.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:36 PM
If your light on money, and all you can afford.... its ok. do a search. I did have one on my car. some have fitment issues (one exhaust tip was higher than the other causing it to melt away the paint on the bumper). the tips are poor quality and turn brown in a short amount of time. The muffler shop that installed mine said that the metal its made out of was very cheap. Sound is a bit raspy. note the hks is about $1500 as opposed to the replica which is $300....
Old 12-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Mine was terrible. I think it's hit or miss though. Good luck
Old 12-25-2011, 11:25 PM
I guess we will find out soon enough. By the way, welcome to the g community.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Total garbage, I sold mine when I got the chance. It doesn't fit properly, it will rust, drones so badly.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Why so much hate? Ive had mine for over a year without any issues. The tips are garbage and fitment isnt the greatest but thats what muffler shops are for. I installed an Xpipe which cut out the drone and everyone at meets always ask what type of exhaust i have. Heres a few videos

Honestly do you bro no one on this site likes replica parts and everyone is trying to ball on a budget. I can say for the money ive spent it is worth it and i would do it again if i had the opportunity. Just use your better judgement and this exhaust and a few other small things would be the only parts i would ever buy off of ebay because most are mass produced cheap ****. If your going to go this route pick up an magnaflow xpipe aswell. Read the plate frame brahs

Name: haters.gif
Views: 471
Size: 400.9 KB

Last edited by Illuminati; 12-26-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post
Why so much hate? Ive had mine for over a year without any issues. The tips are garbage and fitment isnt the greatest but thats what muffler shops are for. I installed an Xpipe which cut out the drone and everyone at meets always ask what type of exhaust i have. Heres a few videos

Honestly do you bro no one on this site likes replica parts and everyone is trying to ball on a budget. I can say for the money ive spent it is worth it and i would do it again if i had the opportunity. Just use your better judgement and this exhaust and a few other small things would be the only parts i would ever buy off of ebay because most are mass produced cheap ****. If your going to go this route pick up an magnaflow xpipe aswell. Read the plate frame brahs

Why the hate? Lol you said it, kind of. Tips and fitment are garbage. Sounds like crap unless you have the magnaflow x pipe etc.. That's why the hate. Even with the x pipe, I don't think it sounds better then stock imo
Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Been running this exhaust with test pipes for some time now...I miss the VQ sound

Anyway, can't complain considering the price. Just understand what you're getting yourself into. Cheap exhausts isn't such a big deal to me...but cheap suspensions/wheels/etc. is where your money should count.

An exhaust isn't gonna send you off the road.
If you've got the money get something better and don't waste your time though. It's "okay" at best.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 AM
You get what you pay for. Save you money and do it right the first time.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,067 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realfast View Post
just bought the full exhast for like 300 bills
r they any good w sound and performance??
You just posted a thread asking a question after you already bought the ebay exhaust! Why didn't you ask this question prior to laying down the $$ you probably wasted?
Gary
The Following User Says Thank You to gary c For This Useful Post:
Tabris (12-26-2011)
Old 12-26-2011, 02:51 PM
I have one, just for a winter exhaust lol. Since I bottom out over everything lol
Old 12-26-2011, 03:05 PM
It's probably going to be just fine... sound like cheap garbage... fit crappy... look bad... perform worse... and be cheap to buy. Then cost more to install because of bad fit, modifications, extra parts, and the fact that you won't be able to GIVE it away when you're done with it.

You've already got the exhaust so it's not like we can sway you- but this is just one more thread serving as a painful reminder that the G35 is going the way of old yeller. It's a cheap sports car and more and more people are treating it as such.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eno For This Useful Post:
Tabris (12-26-2011)