Service Engine Soon (SES) light and Computer Reset - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru

Go Back > >
Reload this Page >

Service Engine Soon (SES) light and Computer Reset


G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Service Engine Soon (SES) light and Computer Reset


Old 07-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Service Engine Soon (SES) light and Computer Reset

Last night I was driving home and my 05 coupe with 65K just turns off going 70mph. The Service Engine Soon light (not the Check Engine light) and the VCD light went on. So I pull over car is still off, I turn key to off position and all lights go off, then I turn car on and it fires up fine, all lights are off except the Service Engine Soon light. I drove car home, felt fine, and this morning going to work also felt fine but the SES light still on. If I take to dealership im sure will charge aleast 100 just to look at it...should I just reset computer and see if comes back on?

Saw this on another post:

Basic ECU Reset

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.


Is this the right way to reset the computer? Any advice?? Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to mario24601 For This Useful Post:
djvillin602 (07-20-2016)
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (33)
Join Date: Nov 2007
location: Burlingame/Berkeley, CA
Posts: 6,081
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
take it to an autozone, they should pull the codes for free and you can see if it's anything worth worrying about. is ur car stock?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Stock for most part, put Z tube about a year ago and Stillen exhaust about 2 years ago.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
aRT13's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: L.A./626
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I just got this light too. Service Engine Soon...on my navi it states "Malfunction, possible emission control problem"
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Been reading more past threads...sounds like should do a reset and see if it comes back. Can someone confirm that the notes I posted in the first post is the correct way to do a reset...I remember in my old car all I had to do was disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect...anyone actually done a reset? How?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
g35dalf's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 243
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
Last night I was driving home and my 05 coupe with 65K just turns off going 70mph. The Service Engine Soon light (not the Check Engine light) and the VCD light went on. So I pull over car is still off, I turn key to off position and all lights go off, then I turn car on and it fires up fine, all lights are off except the Service Engine Soon light. I drove car home, felt fine, and this morning going to work also felt fine but the SES light still on. If I take to dealership im sure will charge aleast 100 just to look at it...should I just reset computer and see if comes back on?

Saw this on another post:

Basic ECU Reset

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.


Is this the right way to reset the computer? Any advice?? Thanks!

Yes, this is the correct procedure. I've done it several times.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
aRT13's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (8)
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: L.A./626
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, this is the correct way. I just did it now and my SES light has not come back.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm having an issue with my 05 G35 coupe. A couple of days ago I was driving and I literally could feel my car lose all the power. My service engine soon light came on and my car (automatic) wouldn't shift gears; my RPMs were increasing as my speed did but wouldn't shift. I took it to a mechanic and he said it was putting out codes for my "Front Brake Pressure Switch and my Transmission Pressure Switch". I took it to a Transmission specialtist and he said it's not my tranny, its something to do with the computer. I did the full Factory (SES) light and computer reset. The light turned off and i was back to driving normal for about 3 minutes, but then kicked back on. I'm not sure what else to do.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Urbanengineer's Avatar
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jun 2013
location: Pig Town, OHIO
Posts: 9,089
Thanked 693 Times in 656 Posts
Check the battery voltage at idle and get it load tested first to make sure the battery isn't dying.

From there, check all codes.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
Check the battery voltage at idle and get it load tested first to make sure the battery isn't dying.

From there, check all codes.
I just checked the battery voltage and im sitting at about 22-23 Volts.....
Old 11-18-2016, 09:22 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drewdrewww View Post
i just checked the battery voltage and im sitting at about 22-23 volts.....
12-13v **
Old 01-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You forgot 2 step

Originally Posted by mario24601 View Post
Last night I was driving home and my 05 coupe with 65K just turns off going 70mph. The Service Engine Soon light (not the Check Engine light) and the VCD light went on. So I pull over car is still off, I turn key to off position and all lights go off, then I turn car on and it fires up fine, all lights are off except the Service Engine Soon light. I drove car home, felt fine, and this morning going to work also felt fine but the SES light still on. If I take to dealership im sure will charge aleast 100 just to look ait...should I just reset computer and see if comes back on?

Saw this on another post:

Basic ECU Reset

Operations Procedures:

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” (NOT start) and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 seconds.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone. If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Remember, timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. You may even need someone's help to do this correctly.


Is this the right way to reset the computer? Any advice?? Thanks!
After step 7 you have to wait 10 seconds then depress the pedal for 10 seconds
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mry
General Tech Questions
15
07-22-2018 06:02 PM
SiMpLyMoDiFiEd
The FX-Spot
1
08-09-2015 07:22 PM
Hasanbaloch
Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
5
07-19-2015 02:13 PM
igking
Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
3
07-19-2015 01:12 AM

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes, average.

Quick Reply: Service Engine Soon (SES) light and Computer Reset


Archive

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


difference coupe sedanbleeding brakes with mityvacaudiovox key foblexani grillwheelfire wheelsoverfilled transmission fluidopen dump wastegatesqueaking clutchcoilovers g35yokahama avid envigorremoving axle bearingsextra long lug nutsinfiniti niellovis carbon fiber trunkraybestos rotors reviewinfiniti g35 supercharger kitsblock heater canadian tiredifference between ngk spark plugsstrut bar reviewmiro 111 5x114 3michelin primacy mxv4 in snowcostco locations gtamuffler and exhaust repair kitcars leaking oilg37 problemstpms batteryaudi a4 quattro in snowcenter caps for rims aftermarketinfiniti g37 dimensionsinfiniti g35 top speed2009 infiniti m35 mpgchrome rim cleanercar makes clicking noise when turningmuteki wheel locksvk56devolk replica rimsbridgestone potenza so4mobil 1 0w30how much to rebuild manual transmissionkazuma vin decoderaftermarket push start ignitionbully dog gt programmer reviewsengine grinding noisetop speed coilovers 350zhow many watts is a alpine type r 12asanti 128nc temporary tagramps for low profile carshow to remove carmax decalcar cd player won t ejectrims and wheels visualizerpassport 9500ix mountsylvania light replacement guide3m blackout tape6000k hid vs 8000k hidchilton manual pdf2008 nissan altima check engine lightaero catch hood pinsssr professorg35 brembo rotorspiaa super rozza wheelsstillen true dual exhaust g35porting intake runnersfactory radio auxiliary input adapterhighest octane gassilverstar ultra fog lightstein street basisxxr 006mobil one oil change cost2008 nissan altima factory rimsinfiniti dealerships dfw24f dlg duralast battery5x120 to 5x114.3 adapterjl 10w3v32003 g35 sedan 0-60mustang gt vs gtowhat causes brake vibrationtanabe gf210 springs2003 infiniti g35 dashboard