Need new ball bearings? or jus tire wear? help! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Need new ball bearings? or jus tire wear? help!

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need new ball bearings? or jus tire wear? help!

Old 09-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Question Need new ball bearings? or jus tire wear? help!

Sup guys my G is at 19Kmiles, still kind of a baby but anyway..heres the problem. Wen driving at low speeds (0-25) the car makes a really annoying griding noise and it's coming from the front wheels, worse on the passenger side. A couple of people have told me that it's the ball bearings just by hearing it but when i first bought the car( 12K miles at Nissan dealership) the problem did not seem to be as bad as it is now, i brought it back to nissan within 2 days and they told me i needed new tires. I have the 19's on with the stock tires, now i ask you guys if this is possible or if they just trying to get rid of me? Im hoping that i just need new tires(yes they look worn) but im concerned that it may be ball bearings..

any thoughts, Greatly apretiated.
thanks in advanced
Old 09-06-2006, 03:11 AM
noise

hi
raise the front of the car. spin the wheels by hand, if no grinding noise there that means ball bearings are ok. make sure to look for grinding noise not brake pad noise.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:51 AM
ball bearings? I think you mean wheel bearings
Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 PM
^^^ +1
Could be alignment too.
Got new rims/shoes at 6600. Did alignment and the toe was off. Must have been this way out of the box from the factory.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Evil Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
^^^ +1
Could be alignment too.
Got new rims/shoes at 6600. Did alignment and the toe was off. Must have been this way out of the box from the factory.

Did you have to take your car to infiniti to get the alignment done, or did you have it done a different way? Last time I had my car into a local alignment shop, they said only the dealership service dept could do it since it required some retarded laser guided thing to align.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black0nBlack
Sup guys my G is at 19Kmiles, still kind of a baby but anyway..heres the problem. Wen driving at low speeds (0-25) the car makes a really annoying griding noise and it's coming from the front wheels, worse on the passenger side. A couple of people have told me that it's the ball bearings just by hearing it but when i first bought the car( 12K miles at Nissan dealership) the problem did not seem to be as bad as it is now, i brought it back to nissan within 2 days and they told me i needed new tires. I have the 19's on with the stock tires, now i ask you guys if this is possible or if they just trying to get rid of me? Im hoping that i just need new tires(yes they look worn) but im concerned that it may be ball bearings..

any thoughts, Greatly apretiated.
thanks in advanced
hub bearings. i've replaced my front passenger side once already.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
thats b/c your ghey lek
Old 09-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopa G
ball bearings? I think you mean wheel bearings

Hey ....wheel bearings are ball bearings.......

I doubt it is the WB's at 19K miles. More likely brake related.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:33 PM
i had the same problem. bought the car used from infiniti with low km, and heard the noise get worse and worse at low speeds over a few months. Took it to one dealer, they said it was rotors, so i replaced them with aftermarket, still had the noise. another dealer said tires, seemed suspicious so i took it to the first dealer(months after the first visit) and said i had this noise with winter tires or with regular ties, they checked it out for a few days and said for sure it was tires on the report. so im gonna get new tires and see if it goes away, it still sounds like a wheel bearing to me. i think theyre just trying to put it off until its out of warranty though.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM
its the tire feathering problem for sure
Old 09-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burns420
i had the same problem. bought the car used from infiniti with low km, and heard the noise get worse and worse at low speeds over a few months. Took it to one dealer, they said it was rotors, so i replaced them with aftermarket, still had the noise. another dealer said tires, seemed suspicious so i took it to the first dealer(months after the first visit) and said i had this noise with winter tires or with regular ties, they checked it out for a few days and said for sure it was tires on the report. so im gonna get new tires and see if it goes away, it still sounds like a wheel bearing to me. i think theyre just trying to put it off until its out of warranty though.

im going to get new tires soon as well, let me know how it works out and if new tires resolve the problem.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinubob81
Did you have to take your car to infiniti to get the alignment done, or did you have it done a different way? Last time I had my car into a local alignment shop, they said only the dealership service dept could do it since it required some retarded laser guided thing to align.
LMFAO....ROTFF....sorry man. Not laughing at you, just the BS that alignment shop fed you. That alignment shop obviously is not up to date with the current alignment equipment or didn't want to deal with your G cuz they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. LOL.

To answer your question, no. Any GOOD alignment shop can do this on your G. And yes the Dealer can too. Got a coupon recently for a 4 wheel camber/caster/toe from my dealer for like $80. That's a good deal and went for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando
Hey ....wheel bearings are ball bearings.......

I doubt it is the WB's at 19K miles. More likely brake related.
Yeah, just like the ones eyez got in my skateboard, blades, dirt bikes and ATV's. j/k

On a serious note.....I've heard of bearing noise/problems in the rear...think a TSB on this, but don't quote me. Never hear of front bearing problems, but ya never know.
Brakes/calipers in the front, yes...heard issues with that.

G/L

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 09-06-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
It is probably the tires. Is it more prominent when you are braking? I had this problem with my tires. Made a world of difference once i slapped on a new set. However, this still does not eliminate underlying problems that may have caused your tires to wear uneven or create this noise. Check your tires for unusual wear. Some have reported the feathering problems on our cars like with the Z.

I don't know if you ever had bearing problems, but the noise and feel is distinguishable from the tires noise and vibration. Hard to describe (yeah, big help huh?).

any case, good luck... hopefully it's just time for you to replace your tires.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Final note:
When I got new KDW2 shoes, I then heard a werr,werr sound, drifting to the right, etc. The wider tires amplified an underlying condition I had out of the box new. My toe was way off. Camber, eh, so so. FR is out of spec and non adjustable. Premature tire wear, yes for sure possible. When your old tires wear, being out of alignment for God knows how long, your tires will start to talk to you at different speeds and/or braking conditions.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I thought this was the nature of the beast as with all high-performance, soft rubber tires. Say around 15-20K miles they begin to droan as the the tread wears considerably. Mine droan louder at exactly 67mph and anywhere below 25mph, especially under moderate braking. While taking an on-ramp at 50+ they just down right howl. These tires aren't meant to last more than 15K miles give or take some. Sounds like it's time to fork over a G to keep your G running dude.