IPOD W/cassette adapter any good? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • IPOD W/cassette adapter any good?

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

IPOD W/cassette adapter any good?

Old 05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Question IPOD W/cassette adapter any good?

Hey everyone i was curious to know if the ipod cassette adapter sounds any good... has anyone ever tried it since we G owners are fortunate enough to have a cassette player. I have a monster FM transmitter but it sounds ok, u have to turn up the volume really high to get good sound. Do you think the cassette adapter would sound better? How about compared to line-in auxialliary connection?
Old 05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Barely passable audio. No comparison when next to a direct connection.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
yeah the tape player is pretty good. I used to have it in the lexus, and it would sound like cd quality. I have the fm trasmitter also, and if you compare the two, the tape is the way to go. Unfortunately my 06 doesnt have tape, and i hate the fm transmitter. so ive burning a lot more cds
Old 05-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey emtguy,

I think cassette adapters sound great. I've been using two different cassette adapters with my 1996 Avalon, 2003 G35c, and 2006 Murano with great success. Personally, I think it sounds many multiples better than the FM radio transmitters (I've tried a few) and even more consistently clear than plain FM radio. I use a Sony adapter and a Monster cassette adapter.

I think they are definitely worth the money. Sure, they're not going to sound like a direct connection, but you'll save a few hundred bucks with a cassette adapter (with high-end components, etc). Plus, you won't have to tinker with the G if you don't want to risk screwing around and messing things up. I place my iPod nano in the ashtray (clean of course) or in the cupholders with no problem. You can buy a power charger/cradle if you want too.

Give it a shot -- if you're an audiophile and you don't like the sound, then you only lost $20.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:45 PM
i totally agree with Eastern-G, i use the fm transmitter bc i thought the cassette would suck just cuz it was well....cassette...but i guess they've gotten better over the years, and i personally dont mind spendin 20 bucks vs. 200 for a direct connection.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:46 PM
any suggestions on which cassette adapter to buy??
Old 05-27-2006, 04:02 PM
For those looking fora FM transmitter option - non-hardwire - take a look at the Kensington Model. I have one and it provides very good sound quality along with charging your IPOD unit.

Kensington Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger for iPod

Here is a link to a review...

”For months, we’ve inserted a warning into every FM transmitter review we’ve published: use an FM transmitter only if you
have no other iPod-to-stereo connection options, and don’t expect the sound to compare in clarity or quality to any
wired connection. Today, that warning’s on the verge of extinction: Kensington’s Digital FM Transmitter/Auto Charger
($79.99, street price $53 and up) delivers wireless audio quality that’s as close as we’ve heard to a wired connection.
As it’s integrated with a car charger, it also recharges your iPod’s battery at the same time.”
Old 05-28-2006, 12:55 AM
considering MP3 files are so compressed and don't have the clarity of a
regular CD audio anyway, i think the cassette adapter does fine. just
not the cleanest looking, but im sure if you mount your MP3 player correctly
they would look fine.