• G35 6MT coupe review

G35 6MT coupe review

Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
G35 6MT coupe review

Yeah, these cars suck,
the dealers suck
and the company sucks
Here's my story if you're planning to buy a G35

Save your money and get a car that's not a POS..
G35 6MT's suck if you get an 05 and up..
so buy used, or don't buy at all. You'll get more enjoyment out of a pinto, because they don't have to go to service as often..

I'm not a board troll either. I once thought the G35 was a great great car, until I hit 3000 miles and only had 2 cups of oil left in the engine. That's when I realized that the car is crap.
It wasn't until recently that I realized the actual company is worse than any other company you'll ever have to deal with.
You'd think, after my car's been though 30 some odd quarts of oil they'd consider replacing things like the entire exhaust, seeing as how it's COMPLETELY black and clogged with oil, nope.. .. now if my CEL comes on and it's determined the exhaust is causing it then they may do so. .. Or if my car catches on fire because the cats are clogged...
Other reasons they suck.. Well, when my dealer replaced my engine they didn't tighten up the motor mount. I brought it back 4 times.. the 3rd time they told me it was my cold air intake making all the noise.. I didn't agree, but said OK, I'll take that off so you guys can find the real problem next time.
The 4th time he STILL couldn't hear the noise, so I took him for a ride and he finally heard the noise.. Loose motormount.. I've had a loose motormount for 3500 miles.. but... They say it won't cause any damage to any other part of the car because the other two motormounts were ok.. I raise the BS flag as the least it could have done was damage my other two mounts.. the most is sent vibrations through every part of the car that shouldn't be there thus causing other parts to come loose, which will show it's self in about 20,000 miles when my car starts to rattle unmercifully.. They think I'm full of crap because I"m not a mechanic, I'm a customer.
OK, so my car has the following issues.
1 loose sway bar - fixed
1 loose motor mount after they replaced the engine - fixed
1 replaced engine because of the OIL consumption problem (known problem) -fixed
1 headlight just decided to stop working..
and 35 days in service because they make you go back over and over and over before they finally fix the problems.
After filing under the lemon law they denied my claim, even though TN state lemon law specifically says 3 tries at one problem, or 30 days in service in the first year.. I meet both requirements..
I call to find out about this and they said my dealer told them that all my problems are caused by my driving habits.. *** HOLES!!..
I wish I never bought the G35 and I am going to print out about 400 flyers to hand to people pulling into the Infiniti dealer this weekend.. I will explain why they shouldn't buy one..
I think you shouldn't buy one either.

~side note~ I have a Ford Explorer Sport track with 90,000 miles that has gone WAY overdue on oil changes and haven't been to service with the truck.. EVER.. My old Isuzu was the same way, as with my 3000gt, Dodge Dakota, and VW Passat, my 1983 datsun 200sx, and so on..
Point.. It's obviously not something I did wrong in the first 3000 miles.
Search the forum and you'll see MANY other people with the same complaints.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Old 08-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I feel ur pain man. I'm pretty tolerant and have been with my 2 tranny swaps, what I can't stand is being treated like I'm going crazy or I'm an idiot cuz I'm the only one who sees a problem. It took 3 different service visits to finally get them to admit there was a tranny problem the first time.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse
After filing under the lemon law they denied my claim, even though TN state lemon law specifically says 3 tries at one problem, or 30 days in service in the first year.. I meet both requirements..
Who was the party that denied your claim? The dealer? Corporate Nissan? You need to obtain an attorney and file a demand letter. This will set the ball in motion. You should cease all communications with the dealer and all of their corporate level "customer care" reps. Have your attorney advise you. My experience comes from having won a lemon law case resulting in the manufacturer purchasing back the vehicle.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:59 PM
it seems as though the real problem is the dealer.. Ive been fortunate enough not to take and kind of BS when servicing my car for any warranty items
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
Who was the party that denied your claim? The dealer? Corporate Nissan? You need to obtain an attorney and file a demand letter. This will set the ball in motion. You should cease all communications with the dealer and all of their corporate level "customer care" reps. Have your attorney advise you. My experience comes from having won a lemon law case resulting in the manufacturer purchasing back the vehicle.
I had already spoken with my lawyer before I made it to work. They already told me not to worry about it that they will take over from here. Basically it boils down to a car company not wanting to own up to their responsibilities as they assume most people will simply.. "go away" after the first month or two.. I'm not one of those people.. Sooo.. We'll see how that goes..
Old 08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I too am not one of those people. Alot people are afraid or ignorant to obtain legal counsel. However, once you do, you will be amazed at how impossible things magically get done.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds like ur taking a step in the right direction.....good luck and keep us posted
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
I too am not one of those people. Alot people are afraid or ignorant to obtain legal counsel. However, once you do, you will be amazed at how impossible things magically get done.

Yeah, my lawyer told me that they, more than likely, won't go to abatration, and will settle as soon as they get a call from the lawyer.. He said they know they'll just end up spending more money in the long run and will have to buy the car back anyway.. I agree.. the law is the law..
Old 08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Sorry for all the problems you've had with your G.
Wish you the best in what you get after returning your G via lemon law.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Canada, eh?
Sorry for your problems. Lots of car companies have issues..just because your cars are good, doesn't mean Ford is perfect.

I know for a fact I've had my car for 21000 miles, boosted for about 4000 miles and I drive it hard everyday. Guess how many problems? Zero.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian
Sorry for your problems. Lots of car companies have issues..just because your cars are good, doesn't mean Ford is perfect.

I know for a fact I've had my car for 21000 miles, boosted for about 4000 miles and I drive it hard everyday. Guess how many problems? Zero.
I also know, by your sig, that you own a 5AT, thus proving the 6MT's are **** and not worth the money that one might pay for them.
If you read every thread on this message board you'll find a person in one of them with an oil problem that happens to have an 05-07 6spd...
To state that every company has a gremelin car is one thing, but for all of the 6mts to be crap is another. Some will argue that they don't have a problem, my response is this.. You do have a problem, you just don't notice it because you're not driving the car hard enough, or downshifting enough.
I was told today, by a complete stranger (another dealer though) who was about 22 or so that he has a friend that works at Infiniti as a mechanic and he said that they are CONSTANTLY replacing engines. ... Go to your nearest Infiniti dealer and you'll probably see AT LEASE one G35 coupe in there with the engine in pieces due to oil consumption, or abnormal and premature ring wear. The cars warp their rings when under too much stress and burn oil above 3500 RPM. Most people don't drive above 3500RPM for long periods of time. I do.. I happen to drive at about 4,000-4500 almost constantly, and always up and downshifting to keep optimal performace available. I like to go when I want to go and to stop when I want to stop.. The engines are crap..
Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I liked my last G (04 6mt) and so far I like my new 07 6mt. Just though I'd through in my 2 cents.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhifinet
I liked my last G (04 6mt) and so far I like my new 07 6mt. Just though I'd through in my 2 cents.
Well, 20K miles here and no probelms to speak of *knocks on wood* There will always be one of these stories a month. I always check to make sure there are no comsumption problems and so far, there aren't any. So, I guess I'll just enjoy my car