what does pinging sound like - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • what does pinging sound like

Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

what does pinging sound like

Old 11-10-2007, 04:18 AM
what does pinging sound like

maybe a really newb question but what does pinging/detonation sound like exactly? i get this noise when the car is warming up and i punch it..sounds like something rattling in the engine area...its weird cause when i have the stillen intake with the stillen air filter the noise isnt there...when i have the pop charger on with either heat shield i hear the noise...
Old 11-10-2007, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomieG35
Does it make the sound EVERYTIME you start it cold [does it do it on a warm start?] and does it happen everytime you floor it from like 4000- redline, or just right at redline?

Could just be a vibration of something hitting.

Someone else may be able to chime in, but detonation you will be able to hear a popping and maybe be able to feel it. Pinging is more like a tick...
it makes the sound when the engine has heated up and i push it...and if i wait for the engine to completely heat up it makes the sound the first few times i gun it..then it goes away. its just weird that it doesnt make that sound with the stock airbox...and it doesnt make the sound near redline...does it at like 4000rpm until 5000rpm and then stops...kinda weird...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Retired SuperMod
I get this "knock" in my engine sometimes at idle. It literally sounds like a "knock" from my engine and can sometimes feel it through the shifter. It doesn't happen quite often; anyone know what this is?

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad wheel bearing? Opinions please! (Video+Audio) Marlin84 Wheels & Tires 29 03-05-2017 04:17 PM
G35 Coupe Muffler Delete Sound Clip davizzle Video Share 5 01-31-2017 04:00 PM
A few problems I have questions about Dallsinghjr1 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 10 09-17-2016 09:39 AM
Sticking Caliper Issue dcsbh1 Brakes & Suspension 0 10-01-2015 03:15 PM

Tags
make, pinging, sound
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: