Luk Flywheel and Exedy clutch - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Luk Flywheel and Exedy clutch

Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Luk Flywheel and Exedy clutch

Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Luk Flywheel and Exedy clutch

Does anyone have the luk DM Flywheel and Exedy clutch installed in their car?
I am looking at this combo, and was interested if the clutch would go well with that flywheel.

I definitely want the flywheel as it is almost identical to the OEM. But don't know about the clutch. Does anyone have the Luk flywheel? How does it compare to the oem?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
bump...
Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
So I had the new setup put in.

The disk and flywheel are identical OEM replacement at an extremely reduced price. The pressure plate that comes with the
Organic Exedy clutch kit is not OEM, as the OEM one on our cars is made by Luk as well. My issue with the pressure build up,
sticking clutch and extremely bad shudder was attributed to the pressure plate. Both the pilot bushing and releasing bearing
were still in great shape.

At 77K the disc and flywheel still looked great, but the pressure plate fingers where at different heights. Once replaced I noticed 2
major things. The clutch pedal got incredibly firm, feels really good now. And no more shudder at all. Had a really popular shop
who specializes in G35's replace it for $400. They also replaced my Trany fluid to Motul for an extra $65, I had my Trany flushed with OEM fluid
just 5K before this. I did not notice a difference with the Motul Fluid. I paid $775 for both the Exedy clutch kit and Luk DMF067 Flywheel.

Hope this helps someone with their issue.

Last edited by Kuba; 05-26-2013 at 11:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuba For This Useful Post:
ErikNYC (05-26-2013), s0rmr (05-29-2013)
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Angry

Hy
I also replaced my stock clutch to Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch and left the OEM flywheel and it is rattling and shaking like hell. I have driven no 70 miles with it and it has become bit milder . But especially in 1 gear in takeoff it still shakes and also reverse gear is shaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
So I had the new setup put in.

The disk and flywheel are identical OEM replacement at an extremely reduced price. The pressure plate that comes with the
Organic Exedy clutch kit is not OEM, as the OEM one on our cars is made by Luk as well. My issue with the pressure build up,
sticking clutch and extremely bad shudder was attributed to the pressure plate. Both the pilot bushing and releasing bearing
were still in great shape.

At 77K the disc and flywheel still looked great, but the pressure plate fingers where at different heights. Once replaced I noticed 2
major things. The clutch pedal got incredibly firm, feels really good now. And no more shudder at all. Had a really popular shop
who specializes in G35's replace it for $400. They also replaced my Trany fluid to Motul for an extra $65, I had my Trany flushed with OEM fluid
just 5K before this. I did not notice a difference with the Motul Fluid. I paid $775 for both the Exedy clutch kit and Luk DMF067 Flywheel.

Hope this helps someone with their issue.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
I just bought this combo to put in my '04 sedan. Went to a transmission shop. He quoted me 4 and a half hours labor up front, and parts. The parts were pretty expensive to what i could find, so I asked him if I could bring in my own parts, and sure, he hiked the labor price up a little, to make up for the loss he took on mark-up. Totally understandable. So total labor price for this guy is $487.50 flat. Bought my Exedy OEM clutch kit for $256.22 from JC Whitney, and my Luk OEM Flywheel from Partsgeek for 439.58. Everything included. This made my clutch and flywheel replacement a grand total of $1183.30 plus $39.8 in tax on the labor. I think I made out pretty well. Here's a question though, How's this setup holding up for you? I saw that you had a couple of issues, but I couldn't really tell if it was attributed to this clutch and flywheel, or was prior to. I'm waiting on this flywheel to get here, it'll hopefully be Monday. so I'm not taking up one of the shop's lifts any longer than I have to.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:31 PM
My issue was between LUK OEM flywheel and Exedy Stage1 clutch that do not fit together not at all. It shaked so terribly that it killed my flywheel and also drive shaft joints. so it will not do well, but I have still problems with my clutch cause adjustment done by Nissan dealer it did strted to slip even at normal driving, so Infiniti has not worked this combo to desireble level, maybe they saved money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micahhh View Post
I just bought this combo to put in my '04 sedan. Went to a transmission shop. He quoted me 4 and a half hours labor up front, and parts. The parts were pretty expensive to what i could find, so I asked him if I could bring in my own parts, and sure, he hiked the labor price up a little, to make up for the loss he took on mark-up. Totally understandable. So total labor price for this guy is $487.50 flat. Bought my Exedy OEM clutch kit for $256.22 from JC Whitney, and my Luk OEM Flywheel from Partsgeek for 439.58. Everything included. This made my clutch and flywheel replacement a grand total of $1183.30 plus $39.8 in tax on the labor. I think I made out pretty well. Here's a question though, How's this setup holding up for you? I saw that you had a couple of issues, but I couldn't really tell if it was attributed to this clutch and flywheel, or was prior to. I'm waiting on this flywheel to get here, it'll hopefully be Monday. so I'm not taking up one of the shop's lifts any longer than I have to.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 PM
I didn't get the stage 1 like you though, I got the oem Exedy clutch kit. I'm hoping it's not going to totally suck or anything.. I mean, a working clutch is better than the crap that I was dealing with for the past 2 months. Haha.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:19 PM
While I do not have the an Exedy clutch installed, I do have the Luk flywheel, with a JWT clutch. The combo is flawless, and I have no issues with the Luk flywheel, what so ever.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:41 AM
Thinking about going this route. Any updates on your guys setup? Still holding up well? Thnx
Old 06-08-2015, 07:37 AM
I own the Luk flywheel with JWT clutch. Everything is working wonderfully. I do not track my car at all, but it can still take off if on the fly. The feel is a near stock feel, to the point that I forgot how the stock clutch felt.

I once owned a ACT six puck sprung clutch with a HD PP on my previous car (G20). The clamping force is no way near how it felt with the ACT setup, but again, I'm not into racing or tracking anymore. If you looking for a stock feel, that can handle more torque, then the Luk flywheel/JWT clutch it the way to go. It's still going strong!

Last edited by ErikNYC; 06-08-2015 at 08:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ErikNYC For This Useful Post:
Rjblayz (06-10-2015)