What are the best brands? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru

Go Back > >
Reload this Page >

What are the best brands?

Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:54 PM

I was wondering what the best brands are for soap, wheel cleaners, sealants, micro fibers, washmitts, applicators, etc.

I was thinking of buying everything off of chemical guys first, see if I like it, then if I don't look for another brand for the specific product I didn't like.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 PM
Modesta is top sealant, cquartz is probably close second.

But for your purposes just buy a detailing starter kit.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 07-14-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:08 PM
SLICK
Thanked 1,077 Times in 960 Posts
SLICK has never had soap on her painted surface only clear, soft water. Griots garage has some great products, I use their buffer/clay/machine polish followed by Zymol Concourse wax where I buy elsewhere. (Google) My Volks are polished with Mothers metal polish because I had the clear removed when it began to yellow. What it takes to keep them is worth every minute...Gary
Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 AM
"Her" name is SLICK? Sounds like a tranny.. sure is purdy tho.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 AM
Just have your car professional detailed once and coated with Modesta BC-05 or Cquartz Finest. It will last you ~5 years. Then every month, just do a simple 2 bucket wash and follow up with a spray on reload.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:29 AM
SPONSOR
Originally Posted by Tylerttn View Post
I was wondering what the best brands are for soap, wheel cleaners, sealants, micro fibers, washmitts, applicators, etc.

I was thinking of buying everything off of chemical guys first, see if I like it, then if I don't look for another brand for the specific product I didn't like.
There are plenty of great brands out there, but allow me to share some of my personal favorite products with you....

Wheels and Tires
- Great for heavier brake dust buildup!
- a great tool to clean the barrels of your wheels! Pickup the large and mini brushes!
- A great tool for cleaning wheel barrels, and other hard to reach places!
&
- Water Based, so it helps nourish your rubber!

Washing:
- Essential equipment for safe washing!
- A great maintenance shampoo.

Bug & Tar:

- This tar remover will quickly and easily remove tar buildup

Drying:

- The safest way to dry your car is to not touch it at all!
- This small blower moves an amazing amount of air and is perfect for making sure you don't have any water left in cracks and crevices!

Decontamination:

(clay lubricant)

Polish:

Sealant:

Wax:
- Budget friendly wax that performs great
- a truly premium show car wax that is simple to apply and looks great

Semi-Permanent Protective Coatings
- A silica based coating that will provide great protection and maximum gloss! Very easy to apply.
- A silica based coating that will provide great protection and maximum gloss! Great value, but more finicky to apply.

Buffers:
- Affordable, Effective, Reliable, and most of all SAFE FOR EVERYONE TO USE! This product is backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Backing Plates:

Buffing Pads:

(I typically recommend Orange Light Cutting Pads, White Polishing Pads, Black Finishing Pads, and Blue Fine Finishing Pads)

Glass:

Metal

Microfiber
Quality microfiber is one of the best investments you can make. You must make sure that only the best products are touching the surface of your car so that you are not scratching or damaging the surface.
- Perfect for removing polishes, sealants, waxes, etc. Plush on one side and shorter nap on the other. My go to towel for most of the work I do!
- This plush towel is great for quick detailers/spray waxes, rinseless washing, etc.
- A must have towel! The black color helps to hide any stains that may occur during use. I use these towels exclusively on wheels, exhaust tips, engine bays, and other dirtier areas.
- Works great to clean your microfiber and help them maintain that "like new" softness. Much better results than with traditional detergents! This will keep your towels looking and feeling like new for a very long time.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you've got any other questions.

Zach McGovern

The Following User Says Thank You to Detailed Image For This Useful Post:
WhosUrBuddiee (07-15-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
SLICK has never had soap on her painted surface only clear, soft water. Griots garage has some great products, I use their buffer/clay/machine polish followed by Zymol Concourse wax where I buy elsewhere. (Google) My Volks are polished with Mothers metal polish because I had the clear removed when it began to yellow. What it takes to keep them is worth every minute...Gary
I know this is my first post, but I think you've accidentally directed us to some virus/spam/**** cite. Can you change the link to "Griot's" please. It should be . You can see that you've misspelled it and it sends us to a malicious site.