Rate my CarPC ^_^ - Page 2 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Rate my CarPC ^_^

Rate my CarPC ^_^

Old 07-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrob View Post
well its hard to get now, they now have a windows 7 version... and you don't really get it, you build it. microsoft has some tools for this.
is there any way i could acquire your build by any chance?
Old 07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
eh mine isn't done yet. been put on hold. there is a couple things I need to work out. but right now, even on 1ghz proc and a slow mech hard drive, windows xp is booting to desktop in 20 seconds
Old 07-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrob View Post
eh mine isn't done yet. been put on hold. there is a couple things I need to work out. but right now, even on 1ghz proc and a slow mech hard drive, windows xp is booting to desktop in 20 seconds
yeah i want a fast booting netbook but its gunna be expensive, ima need a new decently clocked quad core processor w/ a high L2/L3 cache, and some 1600mhz or higher RAM w/ a cas latency < 9, along w/ a smaller high end SSD. and part of me really doesnt wanna go thru all that work finding these i know most netbook mobos wont even be able to support what i want. If this was a desktop project it would be quite simple, but netbooks are a PITA!! and i was thinking a laptop but where the heck would i house it? a netbook would fit right in the glovebox. the PS2 would go bye bye
Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
hey steezy, is your ps2 modded? You can get a lot more functionality out of it.
i have a program that plays divx and mp3, from usb or internal hd, or network, with a customizable background.
You dont even really have to "mod" it, there's a program to install to the memory card that opens up the ps2 to run these programs.
Theres also a program that plays games from, and installs games to, the hard drive, if its a fatty ps2.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonjosh View Post
hey steezy, is your ps2 modded? You can get a lot more functionality out of it.
i have a program that plays divx and mp3, from usb or internal hd, or network, with a customizable background.
You dont even really have to "mod" it, there's a program to install to the memory card that opens up the ps2 to run these programs.
Theres also a program that plays games from, and installs games to, the hard drive, if its a fatty ps2.
nope, its an OEM sandwich PS2, but i had it back when i had my Z and it was being played as i totalled my Z and its still running strong but im about to give it to a friend of mine, his PS3 just broke and hes broke and desperate for something lol but i would still like that program. even though my sandwich never skipped, it was a hassle changing games and whatnot :| yeah NFSU was sick playing as the car your driving in, but i wanted to put my emulators on there. I installed Linux on my PS3 just for emulators(never got my dreamcast emulator to work :/) but i reeeeally wanted to put those 2 USB slots on my sandwich to use! something more than charging my iPhone when i forgot my cig lighter charger :/ but my cousin had an HDD and a mod on his fatty where it ran like a reg PS2 until he ran madden 97 lol then something in the games starting code triggered the program and he could play games off the HDD. ghetto n sick at the same time lol but once i fix some of the minor problems on the G then im deff going w/ the car-PC via my HU. I got it all down in my head but i still need to fab an external push button to my power switch on the laptop's mobo so i can make it hibernate when im done w/ it :] probly just a quick soldering job tho.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I was able to get a psu from mp3car.com that sends a shutdown/hibernate signal to the computer so that it powers down or hibernates when you shut the car down.
I am working on making that work for powering my ps2 instead of using an AC inverter.

There's a new (4 years ago?) mod that installs to a ps2's mem card, no more need for psx game exploit. If you want to use your ps2 in your car until you get a carputer let me know, I'll hook up a mem card for ya.

I gotta look into getting Linux on my ps3 now.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
if u want it to boot fast.. Disable some of the apps/programs that run during start up.. also U can get a SDD to run just the OS. Also, DDR3 would get u up and running a lot faster. I say the only true thing u would need is GPS, browser, back up camera, a music/dvd player and i'm probably