Front Lower Control Arms - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru

Go Back > > >
Reload this Page >

Front Lower Control Arms

Front Lower Control Arms

Old 07-20-2018, 12:26 PM
Front Lower Control Arms

Forward or Rearward facing front lower control arms for 2004 G35 Sedan?
Old 07-20-2018, 12:51 PM
Which one is worn? The rear is a very common worn G35 part.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Mine are noisy upfront going over bumps or dips, I believe and was told the bushings in each upfront are toast, so I'm replacing both front lower control arms (Driver Side and Passenger)... Just don't know if I should order forward facing or rearward facing
Old 07-21-2018, 11:28 AM
They both go bad, the LCA has a pressed in ball joint and two rubber bushings that will go bad. If the interior one goes bad it's an unsafe driving condition. Many members use their original arms and have poly bushings and aftermarket ball joints pressed in for cheaper price and much improved performance/durability.

The compression rod (rearward lower control arm) has a large rubber bushing which is a very common failure mode. There's also a non-replaceable ball joint on this arm.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by cswlightning View Post
They both go bad, the LCA has a pressed in ball joint and two rubber bushings that will go bad. If the interior one goes bad it's an unsafe driving condition. Many members use their original arms and have poly bushings and aftermarket ball joints pressed in for cheaper price and much improved performance/durability.

The compression rod (rearward lower control arm) has a large rubber bushing which is a very common failure mode. There's also a non-replaceable ball joint on this arm.
I think you have your terminology wrong. The lower front control arm doesn't have a ball joint, just a bushing (it mounts to the ball joint on the knuckle). The rearward control arm (compression rod) has a bushing and ball joint.

To OP, both go bad, usually the inner bushing. Get under the car and take a look. The forward control arm will fail where it mounts to the subframe, it should look like a T but when the bushing fails the arm usually get's pushed slightly forward.

The rear one can't really be checked without dropping the subframe brace, but if you have enough miles it is likely bad as well.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:25 PM
wrong thread delete please

Last edited by cswlightning; 08-18-2018 at 11:54 PM.