Confusing/Conflicting Bose system specs - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru

Go Back > >
Reload this Page >

Confusing/Conflicting Bose system specs

Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Confusing/Conflicting Bose system specs

Old 09-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Haven't measured a coupe yet.

(Anyone in PDX, give me a call).

BTW, remember that any assessments of amp power output are estimates only.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Since I have rewired my whole system, I should know the answers, but all my notes are at home, and I'm in Iraq....

But I can tell you that the 6x9's in the rear deck are powered by the Bose amp in the trunk (as are all the speakers).

Dave
Old 09-27-2005, 10:49 PM
These are my best remembrances for my 2004 coupe as I was putting together my audio system - the data has been posted in other (old) threads by someone who measured resistances and deduced the impedances:

1) Front 6.5" Mids: 2 Ohm
2) Front Tweeters: 4 Ohm
3) Rear 6.5" Mids: 2 Ohm
4) Rear 6x9" subs: ? Ohm (I disconnected these, cannot recall, I think 2 ohm)
5) Are the 6x9" speakers powered by the Bose Amp in the trunk? yes
6) Bose Amp output/channel? unknown but speculated to be about 35W (based on the claim of 222 total watts for 6 speakers)
Old 09-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks; I'll be fine, though. Second time out here, and really, I survived growing up in Los Angeles, not realyy much more dangerous here.

Dave
Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 PM
G SQUAD
I'll be swapping out my Bose fronts with Polk Components this weekend... I'll let ya know if I can find out...

I'd swap them all out eventually... the speakers are basically paper/cardboard type material... very cheap. Plus, the Bose amp is .... eh, Bose, and only really power the rears.

Oh, who cares about the quoted wattage of the system... Those kind of specs are generally "peak" power and have no indication as to the "true" power (RMS) of the speakers/system itself. A speaker with 40RMS Watts of power can easily blow away a speaker with 500w Peak power... it's all marketing...

Oh wait, that's right... we've got BOSE.
Isn't their motto: "Better Sound Thru Marketing" lol