Nankang Ultra Sport NS II Tire Review - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Nankang Ultra Sport NS II Tire Review

Nankang Ultra Sport NS II Tire Review

Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Nankang Ultra Sport NS II Tire Review

I just ordered a rear set (275/30/19) of tires for my car from AK Tires in FL. Shipping was reasonable ($20/tire) and customer service was satisfactory. I plan to have the tires mounted this week and after a month or so, give some thoughts on it.

These will be replacing a set of Pirelli P Zero Rosso (275/40/19), which the previous owner of the rims had put on. And before the flaming starts, I'll take a moment to explain my situation. I'm a student who is applying to grad school. I don't have much money to put into my car right now, but the previous tires have 2/32" left on them (the legal minimum in CA) and with winter coming, I need tires with depth to reduce hydroplaning. Right now, I'm not autocrossing or using this car for track purposes, I just need a reasonable tire to get me from point A to point B safely and effectively.

I chose this tire because it is inexpensive, seems to have decent reviews for a low end tire, and will get me through to my next pair, of which I may have the money to spend on a mid- to high range tire. Some people swear these tires will blow up upon mounting. This is a DOT-approved tire, so I think it does at least reach a safety standard, if not a ride or performance one.

Anyways, to be continued...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I've had the tires on for a month and have put on 1200 miles. I figure that this is enough time for the tires to form a wear pattern and begin to expose the inner rubber. So far, I have been happy with the corner grip and rain traction (although we've only had one storm come into CA at this point). I have had no traction loss in either case.

I have also had the misfortune of hitting a few bad potholes, but the tires have held up (with no blow outs) and no denting in the rims.

The tires a slightly louder than my previous tires (which could also be attributed to the reduced tire profile, which went from 40 to 30), but the road noise is not excessive.

I think the tire lived up to basic expectations, which is all wanted when I purchased the tire.

I hope some people recall that Kumho, Nitto, and Hankook (to name a few) were considered "no name" tires before the import community embraced them. I feel that Nankang falls in the same category.

Looking back, based upon my situation, I am happy with my decision.

I hope this gives some helpful information for other people considering tires for their cars.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 AM
so you like the nankang ns-II tires? no issues with grip?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 AM
im actually looking for the same size tires right now and am trying to decide between nankang, nexen, vredestein, or to go nitto again. thanks for your review..you made my decision a little easier.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Grip has been good and consistent. I have yet to break them loose unintentionally in any normal driving situations. I really feel that they are a solid tire choice.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo1356
im actually looking for the same size tires right now and am trying to decide between nankang, nexen, vredestein, or to go nitto again. thanks for your review..you made my decision a little easier.
Glad to help. I was also looking at the that group of tires, which were in the same price range. Let me know if you decide on the Vredesteins as I'm curious to know how they are.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I've heard great things about the Vredestein's, but they didn't come in the size combo I wanted in order to maintain the stock diameter.

As such, I'm running the NS II's also, and I'd give them a very positive review as well. They're not insanely grippy, but they have held up very well in dry and wet weather alike. Road noise is far less than my previous tires (Yokohama AVS ES 100)

As the OP said, I also have yet to break them loose unintentionally in any driving conditions.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
do some donuts and let us know how it goes. lol
Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 AM
im thinkin about gettin them for my stock coupe rims. so they are good for the price?
i have 20s so ill only be riding on my stocks for like 6-7 months at a time
Old 11-12-2008, 02:13 AM
I would suggest them. If they are tires in your budget, then I see no reason to not to get them.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:28 AM
I hope nobody buys these garbo tires. When people give you their "reviews" take it with a grain of salt. What other high-performance tires have they tested out? Don't cheap out on tires, people.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:10 PM
I'm looking into these tires as a possibility. How did they work out for you?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:22 AM
these suckers stretch well, me like, but proxes 4 are a bit better around the price range
Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
To clarify, I have a degree in engineering and I grew up autocrossing, so I have some knowledge about important factors in tire choice (limits of adhesion, wear rates, coefficients of friction, manufacturing processes, etc).

I've also used tires from Michelin, Yokohoma, Toyo, Pirelli, and Kumho, to name a few. So I've tried different tire brands and levels and feel that I can create a well rounded opinion of these tires.

That being said. These are good budget tires. I would not suggest them for extremely aggressive drivers, but for the average driver they are reasonable tires. I have about 12K miles on them and have had no issues. I've hit my share of pot holes and rubbed a couple of curbs with no ill effects on the tires or rims.

Again, I'm giving my opinion. It's up to the reader to decide if these tires will work for them or not, but my opinion has been positive.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:24 PM
I will take a look at the NS II's but have anyone tested or heard feedback about any Nitto Invo tires?