Stock Z-Tube VS. Stillen's Z-Tube - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Stock Z-Tube VS. Stillen's Z-Tube

Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stock Z-Tube VS. Stillen's Z-Tube

Old 03-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Question Stock Z-Tube VS. Stillen's Z-Tube

Why would anyone purchase a stock Z-tube when they can just purchase the Stillen's Z-tube for so much cheaper?

I would assume that Stillen knows their stuff and their Z-Tube would either perform as well as the stock Z-tube or even better.

The picture is not a comparison btwn the Stock Z-tube and Stillen's. It the stock G-Tube and Stillen's. My reference is the Stillen's Z-tube pictured.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:10 PM
stillens is a copy of the z-tube...as for stillen knowing their stuff that is still to be shown
Old 03-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Good point. About the same price I paid for a used z-tube.

Last edited by Strtsk8r321; 03-08-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
A used Z tube was $45-50 shipped a year ago when I bought mine. I'm sure they go for cheaper now. As for the seller, they've been known as $tillen for years. I wouldn't call their products cheap, and I have not been impressed with their quality/fitment either.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Sorry, I don't see a single benefit from using Stillen's "Z-tube" over the OEM 350Z tube. Plus you can get a "used" (if air passing thru a tube counts as used) ztube for cheap.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:08 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Sorry to say..but that is NOT the stock Z-tube, that is the stock G35 intake tube. The Z-tube that comes stock on the 350Z looks almost identical the the one that you call the Stillen Z-tube.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cato
Sorry to say..but that is NOT the stock Z-tube, that is the stock G35 intake tube. The Z-tube that comes stock on the 350Z looks almost identical the the one that you call the Stillen Z-tube.
I think he knows that. He's just referencing the Stillen tube. But for some reason, that stillen tube looks like it has the compound curves in it so that it'll clear the AC lines with no problems. The Z-tube is just straight.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badtziscool
I think he knows that. He's just referencing the Stillen tube. But for some reason, that stillen tube looks like it has the compound curves in it so that it'll clear the AC lines with no problems. The Z-tube is just straight.
i have the stillen tube install and there is no rubbing issue with the ac line. and yes there is a curve to it not straight like the z tube. Down side is that the quality i would not say is super, when i got mine i had to clean the inside of the tube as there were lots of tiny left over mold piece in there.

Plus side, it is cheaper, no rubbing isue with the ac line and simple to install
Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168
i have the stillen tube install and there is no rubbing issue with the ac line. and yes there is a curve to it not straight like the z tube. Down side is that the quality i would not say is super, when i got mine i had to clean the inside of the tube as there were lots of tiny left over mold piece in there.

Plus side, it is cheaper, no rubbing isue with the ac line and simple to install
You got any pics of it installed? I've never seen one installed and wondered how it looked like.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God|ZIlla168

i think i may go stillen jsut becuase it wont rub the ac line! i woudl liek to see pic of it installed though. It looks jstu like the K&N peice I had on my 03 mach 1 as far as material and build quality
Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 AM
z-tube has a flex coupling built-in to the maf tube side and simply slides on to the throttle body with its slight bend.... it is not truely straight but does provide smoother air path than stillen z-tube.... stillen z tube requires the use of the flex coupling at both ends therefore slightly affects the airflow more.... oh yeah, the oem z-tube does not rub the ac line on my setup... i have stock airbox...