Window won't auto-up after window tint installation - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Window won't auto-up after window tint installation

G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Window won't auto-up after window tint installation

Old 03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Windows won't auto-up/-down after window tint installation

I just got my windows tinted yesterday. Looks awesome! Anyway, I discovered today that all four windows won't auto-up/-down anymore. I'm looking at the service manual but can only see that the window switch in each door has only one harness running to them. The windows do operate, so that means the harnesses are connected. Just no auto-up/-down. What gives???

I called the window place and they said they'd take a took at it, but still I wanna try to figure out what they did wrong or forgot to do.

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 03-13-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:12 PM
You know you're supposed to wait ~3 days to roll the windows down after getting tint right?

Maybe they just need a hard reset though. A similar thing would happen on my previous car and I would just manually put all of the windows down and then up. After that cycle they would work again.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Moderation-free
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
I just got my windows tinted yesterday. Looks awesome! Anyway, I discovered today that all four windows won't auto-up/-down anymore. I'm looking at the service manual but can only see that the window switch in each door has only one harness running to them. The windows do operate, so that means the harnesses are connected. Just no auto-up/-down. What gives???

I called the window place and they said they'd take a took at it, but still I wanna try to figure out what they did wrong or forgot to do.
+1 on not using your windows with new tint.

Your auto-up may just need resetting; roll the window down, then all the way up and keep holding the switch up for at least five seconds. Should work after that.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB The Body
You know you're supposed to wait ~3 days to roll the windows down after getting tint right?

Maybe they just need a hard reset though. A similar thing would happen on my previous car and I would just manually put all of the windows down and then up. After that cycle they would work again.
I think I figured out the problem. According the Power Window Control section of the service manual, you are supposed to initialize the auto/anti-pinch system after the window harness is disconnected or if you disconnect the battery.

To initialize, what you do is open the window, close it and keep holding the up button for 3 seconds after the window is completely rolled up.

HAHA! I know you're supposed to wait a while after getting tint to open the windows, but I happened to go through a jack-in-the-box drive-through today so I only opened the driver's side window half way just enough to grab my cheeseburger and fries. When I closed it, I noticed at that auto-feature didn't work. So I opened up the rest of the windows just a little bit to test them out.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35Now!
+1 on not using your windows with new tint.

Your auto-up may just need resetting; roll the window down, then all the way up and keep holding the switch up for at least five seconds. Should work after that.
Thanks, beat me to it!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 PM
i didn't know we had that on our car, time for me to go outside and try.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meng702
i didn't know we had that on our car, time for me to go outside and try.
Yeah I didn't know we had pinch protection either, because I never saw it mentioned anywhere. I can't test it out though as my tint is only on the car for 2 days
Old 03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Why would they disconnect the harness to tint your windows? I don't ever remember them doing that with any car I've had tinted.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
They did not do that on my car, but who knows.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:27 PM
so... you go thru the trouble, time, and expense to get your windows tinted, and then ROLL THE WINDOWS UP AND DOWN!?!?!?

sorry, that ain't smart. go in the restaurant!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneformula
so... you go thru the trouble, time, and expense to get your windows tinted, and then ROLL THE WINDOWS UP AND DOWN!?!?!?

sorry, that ain't smart. go in the restaurant!
The owner of the tint shop told me yesterday I shouldn't down the window until the next day (today) so I figured it would be fine. Plus, I didn't roll them down all the way. Front window - half way. Rest of them - a fifth of the way.

haha if the tint is messed up because of the window rolling, I'll tell the owner that he told me it's okay to roll them down the next day, and get it redone free of charge. =) haha no worries!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrlesmd
Why would they disconnect the harness to tint your windows? I don't ever remember them doing that with any car I've had tinted.
I don't know if they disconnected the harness, but apparently you have to re-initialize the auto-up/-down and anti-pinch features after certain conditions (i.e. battery disconnect, remove harness, remove window, and a few other window related things). They're all listed in the service manual.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm pretty sure they pulled off the door panels. If they disconnected your battery, your audio system would be messed up.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 AM
hahah, my boy got the tint done in his accord, and he rolled the window down like 2 days after and the tint peel off hahaha. what i was told that u shouldnt be messin wit it for at least a week.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:38 AM
Former G Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jli
hahah, my boy got the tint done in his accord, and he rolled the window down like 2 days after and the tint peel off hahaha. what i was told that u shouldnt be messin wit it for at least a week.
That settles it for me, I need to roll down my window to get into my underground parking at my office using my access card. I guess I'm not getting any tinting done.