DIY: Headliner and Pillars?? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • DIY: Headliner and Pillars??

DIY: Headliner and Pillars??

Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 PM
DIY: Headliner and Pillars??

Does anyone know how to remove the pilllars and the headliner...i wanna make it match the bottom of the car...maybe some black suede or leather...thanks ahead of time
Old 11-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned
Old 11-25-2006, 12:19 AM
hey filanj...thanks for the quick response...i dunno if im missing something, but it doesnt really say how to remove the pillars...lol..still could use some direction..thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned
no prob vick.. yeah i just realized that.. they just pop off. take a regular screw driver and give it a little wiggle at the top of the pillar. if you look through the radar hardwiring threads you will see pictures of this. i'll look around and see if i can find the thread i'm thinking about...
Old 11-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned
here is an example of someone that has done the blackout minus the headliner: http://setemail.ru/forums/showthr...pillar+removal

im still trying to find the thread showing... ill try again tomorrow
Old 11-25-2006, 01:56 AM
thanks alot filanj...i was gonna accomplish this task this weekend, but i dont wanna do anything unless i can do the headliner as well...any updates on the removal of the headliner?
Old 11-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned
i located the how to remove the headliner... it is in the service manual.

they have a 12 step layout process for removing it
Old 11-25-2006, 02:06 PM
i have my front pillars done in some really nice leather as well as my B and rear pillars but in suede....
DIY: Headliner and Pillars??-1.jpg
....the leather definately finishes it off aLOT better than the suede so im going to be redoing the suede (again) in leather this time, hopefully the headliner too if i can find how to in my esm ...and mayyybe just mayybe paint the all the plastic pieces. this thread seemd to help out: http://setemail.ru/forums/showthr...pillar+removal
Old 11-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobble19
i have my front pillars done in some really nice leather as well as my B and rear pillars but in suede....
Attachment 58030
....the leather definately finishes it off aLOT better than the suede so im going to be redoing the suede (again) in leather this time, hopefully the headliner too if i can find how to in my esm ...and mayyybe just mayybe paint the all the plastic pieces. this thread seemd to help out: http://setemail.ru/forums/showthr...pillar+removal
Quote:
Originally Posted by filanj
here is an example of someone that has done the blackout minus the headliner: http://setemail.ru/forums/showthr...pillar+removal

im still trying to find the thread showing... ill try again tomorrow
one step ahead of ya buddy

the headliner looks like a real PITA to do
Old 11-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Any good shop that can do this? How much would this cost? Just to do the A,B Pillars.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35Luv
Any good shop that can do this? How much would this cost? Just to do the A,B Pillars.
depends... real suede will run you about $100yd.. you can get fake for $33yd. so you're looking at a decent amount of cashish with real and probably a decent amount with fake