Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on


Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cel flashing vdc off light and slip light on

I just bought my 03 g35 coupe 6mt 98k the engine light was on when I bought it and it had a noticeable misfire hooked up to comp bank 1 and 2 02 sensors and random misfire changed the plugs and coils got stuck the next day could go about 5 mph the cats were no good replaced them and the 2 o2 sensors car is running much better can nearly hear the misfire but the vdc and slip light was on right after fixing the cats and 02s and after 3 miles the cel started flashing during acceleration and after 24 hours it's constantly flashing thinking fuel injectors next but thought I'd see if this happened to anyone else before I replace injectors. Note the car is running very good if you Wernt listening for the misfire you wouldn't know it was other than flashing cel. Any help would be appreciated ...no mods that I know of
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Join Date: May 2017
location: Washington State
Posts: 1,982
Thanked 182 Times in 178 Posts
What diagnostic code?
Old 01-13-2018, 12:34 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What diagnostic code?
Random misfire
Old 01-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Premier Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo5812 View Post
Random misfire
Change the cam and crank sensors. Those can trip the above lights and the misfires.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgonz951 View Post
Change the cam and crank sensors. Those can trip the above lights and the misfires.
Wouldn't they throw a code for the cam and crank
Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
I was under the impression that a flashing CEL indicated a very serious issue that needed attention and it was recommended to shut the car down immediately, not sure if that's true or not.....
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
I was under the impression that a flashing CEL indicated a very serious issue that needed attention and it was recommended to shut the car down immediately, not sure if that's true or not.....
Flashing cel means the car has a misfire depending on how serious the misfire is or what is causing it could be serious but that's what flashing cel means
Old 01-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,363
Thanked 85 Times in 78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo5812 View Post
I just bought my 03 g35 coupe 6mt 98k the engine light was on when I bought it and it had a noticeable misfire hooked up to comp bank 1 and 2 02 sensors and random misfire changed the plugs and coils got stuck the next day could go about 5 mph the cats were no good replaced them and the 2 o2 sensors car is running much better can nearly hear the misfire but the vdc and slip light was on right after fixing the cats and 02s and after 3 miles the cel started flashing during acceleration and after 24 hours it's constantly flashing thinking fuel injectors next but thought I'd see if this happened to anyone else before I replace injectors. Note the car is running very good if you Wernt listening for the misfire you wouldn't know it was other than flashing cel. Any help would be appreciated ...no mods that I know of
Use your scan tool!

by
Turn the light off and see it it returns.

Telcoman
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcoman View Post
Use your scan tool!


by

Turn the light off and see it it returns.

Telcoman
Already did but I can hear the misfire it's not bad but I can hear it
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
Join Date: May 2017
location: Washington State
Posts: 1,982
Thanked 182 Times in 178 Posts
Pull all the plugs, inspect them and coils for damage, inspect the harness. Pull the catalytic converters and inspect for damage.

Make sure you are torquing the spark plugs and not just guessing how tight they are.

Use a scan tool to monitor fuel trim and try to judge which side the problem is coming from but I have a feeling you'll know as soon as you pull plugs. a couple will probably look different from the rest.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slip Light, Vdc Off Light, Service Engine Soon Light Off & On Reckless_405 General Tech Questions 0 01-28-2015 07:39 AM
CEL, VDC OFF, SLIP with DTC of 4003? dkeets General Tech Questions 1 01-13-2015 02:17 PM
Help, VDC OFF light, SLIP light, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON light all on Mark7 General Tech Questions 5 09-23-2014 04:54 AM
slip --- slip --- slip --- slip netcbc Canada 19 12-03-2007 07:10 PM
Brake Light, Slip Light, And Vdc Light Wont Turn Off!!!!!!! VQPWNAGE03 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 12 08-31-2007 03:19 AM

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.

setemail.ru - Archive - - - - - Top

Copyright ©2002 - 2017, setemail.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


does throttle body spacer workkicker 10c124 specstein strut barvarex remote control mufflerdiscount tires aurora ilcraigslist peabody manismo radiator capsna rotiformaccessories for infiniti g37powerstop brake rotorsmrr gt1 chromehow to replace vapor canister purge valvessr sp1 professorsacura rsx 0-60rental cars manual transmissionloews rt 1using washers as wheel spacersfast trak ticketwhat removes gorilla glueviper 791xv manualservice engine soon light on nissan muranobrembospinnacle nissan used carsalternator for kia sedona2.75 exhaust pipebrake pedal spongyavic d3 wiring diagramhow to loosen a serpentine belt tensionerhow to remove 3m double sided tapebridgestone potenza s 04 pp reviewkyb shocks and strutsswitching from full synthetic to synthetic blendcar heater works intermittentlyzapco eq2006 infiniti m35 headlight replacementoem shocksthule trunk bike racksatisfied brake padswheel spacers toronto350z turbochargerrusted exhaust flangekia superchargerdls up6bmw 330i reliabilitystillen true dual exhaust g35kendall full synthetic oil2003 infiniti g35 sedan mpghks hipower2004 g35 weightpeabody tampa flpioneer avh-4000nexhow much are coiloversalpine pdx-1.600bmw 335xi vs 335id1s d2s differencequixx scratch removerraceland lowering springsjl audio 10w6v2-d4m368 avant gardeis megan racing a good brandrolling fenders with batsfl.sprint.comcheap bbs wheelsg35 shocksinfiniti navigation updatemaxx 35n batterypower bleeding brakesautoplace infinitye55 vsg35 halo lightskijiji infiniti g352004 infiniti g35 accessorieshann leasingduplicolor wheel paint blackoil change interval with synthetic