G35 vs the Maxima - Page 3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • G35 vs the Maxima

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 vs the Maxima

Old 09-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolg View Post
^i agree

Also, manual or auto G35? Type of tranny doesn't make a big difference on the maxima but big difference for the G

My dad has 4th gen maxima with a 3.5 swap which is a way lighter body than the 6th gen. Also has a quaife LSD tranny, full exhaust, and he has never beaten my G. It's close, maybe a car, car and half. But again never won

Mine is a 07 revup though with bolts ons
Calling bullshit here. I've owned two automatic Maximas before my current 6MT, and its a world of difference. I still do not think my 06 G35C Rev can take my 02 Max and they are both 6MT and bone stock.

It's a 5th gen btw, they've got ***** believe me.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolg View Post
^i agree

Also, manual or auto G35? Type of tranny doesn't make a big difference on the maxima but big difference for the G

My dad has 4th gen maxima with a 3.5 swap which is a way lighter body than the 6th gen. Also has a quaife LSD tranny, full exhaust, and he has never beaten my G. It's close, maybe a car, car and half. But again never won

Mine is a 07 revup though with bolts ons
Well, if your dads 4th gen can't run down a new Camero SS than he didn't do it right. There are very specific parameters you need for this swap.

There IS a big difference between the 6mt and auto.

The 5.5 gen and 6th gen are both on the same level as being fast. Some argue the 5.5 is faster, but I have yet to race one and see any 5.5 gen tail lights.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyeggs View Post
Well, if your dads 4th gen can't run down a new Camero SS than he didn't do it right. There are very specific parameters you need for this swap.

There IS a big difference between the 6mt and auto.

The 5.5 gen and 6th gen are both on the same level as being fast. Some argue the 5.5 is faster, but I have yet to race one and see any 5.5 gen tail lights.
Where are you from? My 5.5 has beaten 6th gen and even 7th gen (2012), and I've yet to meet any other VQ35 that is faster on the road.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramy33 View Post
Where are you from? My 5.5 has beaten 6th gen and even 7th gen (2012), and I've yet to meet any other VQ35 that is faster on the road.
southern California my man. I am the VP of the SoCal maxima club and regularly go on meets where I have the chance to meet up with maximas of all kinds. Never been beat, however I've never gone to the race track stock. the trick is the 6th gen has (5) 55lbs [full spare] rims and a ton of excess weight that is unnoticeable gone. So i've shed enough weight with my super light rims and everything else that I now weight a few lbs less than a 5th gen. Thats when I started racing and that when I've never been beat by one. I've raced like 8 of them. and multiple times. I've at a 6 speed beat me by a bumper but that was because i was asleep at the starting line and then peeled out losing time.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 PM
you can shed over 200 lbs but switching rims out on the maxima
Old 09-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
southern California my man. I am the VP of the SoCal maxima club and regularly go on meets where I have the chance to meet up with maximas of all kinds. Never been beat, however I've never gone to the race track stock. the trick is the 6th gen has (5) 55lbs [full spare] rims and a ton of excess weight that is unnoticeable gone. So i've shed enough weight with my super light rims and everything else that I now weight a few lbs less than a 5th gen. Thats when I started racing and that when I've never been beat by one. I've raced like 8 of them. and multiple times. I've at a 6 speed beat me by a bumper but that was because i was asleep at the starting line and then peeled out losing time.
That changes things. I am speaking from a point of view of purely stock vs stock.

If you shed your heavy rims, I can do the same and achieve the same gains.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
That changes things. I am speaking from a point of view of purely stock vs stock.

If you shed your heavy rims, I can do the same and achieve the same gains.
But did you?

woulda shoulda coulda. I can put in a GTR alpha 12 motor in my maxima if I had enough money. If Nissan didn't put on those heavy 19" rims from the factory we would be talking different stories. If you want to compare the weight of our aesthetics then go ahead. But if you wanna talk about suspension and engine performance the 6mt maxima will still outdo the 6mt G, just as the auto max beats the auto G. Dude, remember I have both cars and I like the G better, I have no agenda here. If you want to talk about taking a bone stock maxima and G in a place where modding our cars is the norm your pressing an irrelevant point. The only people who would be interested in which is faster stock are people who enjoy the subject yet refuse to touch their car, that is a small target audience if you ask me. We are also talking about manual transmissions where the speed and acceleration of these two cars is so matched the race is won with the better driver. This is why when we talk about two similar cars and which is fastest, you get autos, stomp on the acceleration and see who is fastest to the finish line. Then you get to MT and take it to the track and see which one is fastest in the corners. Going beyond that is getting too far into the variables.

The way to eliminate this is to use the same driver on two cars with the same mileage and year both stock same trans and take an average of 3 races after the driver has practiced on both cars extensively beforehand. on a race track this situation is far fetched, infact, impossible unless you can be omnipresent and decide to race yourself. Nevertheless, this is where I got my info. I know many people who "upgrade" from the maxima to the G and they all have a report to give on the differences. They all say the same thing. Max is faster in straight line (regardless of transmission) but G is tight in the turns and would outrun the max in race around corners.

I wanted to bring it up in case you missed it, the 6mt maxima is much faster than the auto maxima. You said it didn't make a big difference but it make a LARGE difference.

Last edited by twentyeggs; 09-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,168 Posts
Quote:
But did you?

woulda shoulda coulda. I can put in a GTR alpha 12 motor in my maxima if I had enough money. If Nissan didn't put on those heavy 19" rims from the factory we would be talking different stories. If you want to compare the weight of our aesthetics then go ahead. But if you wanna talk about suspension and engine performance the 6mt maxima will still outdo the 6mt G, just as the auto max beats the auto G. Dude, remember I have both cars and I like the G better, I have no agenda here. If you want to talk about taking a bone stock maxima and G in a place where modding our cars is the norm your pressing an irrelevant point. The only people who would be interested in which is faster stock are people who enjoy the subject yet refuse to touch their car, that is a small target audience if you ask me. We are also talking about manual transmissions where the speed and acceleration of these two cars is so matched the race is won with the better driver. This is why when we talk about two similar cars and which is fastest, you get autos, stomp on the acceleration and see who is fastest to the finish line. Then you get to MT and take it to the track and see which one is fastest in the corners. Going beyond that is getting too far into the variables.

The way to eliminate this is to use the same driver on two cars with the same mileage and year both stock same trans and take an average of 3 races after the driver has practiced on both cars extensively beforehand. on a race track this situation is far fetched, infact, impossible unless you can be omnipresent and decide to race yourself. Nevertheless, this is where I got my info. I know many people who "upgrade" from the maxima to the G and they all have a report to give on the differences. They all say the same thing. Max is faster in straight line (regardless of transmission) but G is tight in the turns and would outrun the max in race around corners.

I wanted to bring it up in case you missed it, the 6mt maxima is much faster than the auto maxima. You said it didn't make a big difference but it make a LARGE difference.
I have NEVER found this to be true (stock/stock), I have always walked the Max.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
But did you?

Okay buddy, if you wanted to fairly compare two separate models the least you would do would be to either have both stock, or incorporate the same mods into each (intake, weight reduction whatever). Either scenarios would accomplish this task. So my point still stands.

I totally agree with your point being that the G35 provides an overall better driving experience, and that the Max is faster in a straight however.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Okay buddy, if you wanted to fairly compare two separate models the least you would do would be to either have both stock, or incorporate the same mods into each (intake, weight reduction whatever). Either scenarios would accomplish this task. So my point still stands.

I totally agree with your point being that the G35 provides an overall better driving experience, and that the Max is faster in a straight however.
Haha well i am glad we agree on this.

I really want to take the G to a nice track but I gotta wait until the tires get low on tred because I can waste a set of tires in one day and its like 700 bucks to get new ones.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:22 AM
I went looking for a 3.5 4th gen swap to show that dude his dads car is wrecked and came across this one.. wow i laughed for 10 min. this dude face and his shifts mean some serious business!!!

Old 09-28-2013, 11:32 AM
only vid i could find, horrible but this is what a 3.5 swap should do. that 0-60 is in 4 seconds territory.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:44 AM
NOTE this video like all my other ones take place on a closed racetrack. You can see in this video the markers on the grass. I do not condone any illegal activity. Sports cars are meant for sport racing, not street racing.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Why are you posting random videos?
Old 09-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Banned
Strong this^