So i finally got around to cleaning my TB after 850000 miles of owning my G. Since i removed the intake tube i also did the MAF, i heard that they get dirty too so why not clean it!?
I was deathly
afraid to clean the TB becuase i did my research and found alot of people with messed up idles and needing new TB's all together. I made the leap of faith(did 2 months of reading about it haha) and everything worked perfect.
No issues at all
, car started great and i fixed my low idle(450+-RPM when warmed up). Also when i cold started my car would never break 1800RPM, now she purrs awake and hits like 2200RPM when cold then rests at 750+-.
.:What i did MAF:.
-Remove negative battery connection.
-Removed my whole intake, including the air box and under hood scoop thing.
-After i got the whole setup out i tried to get the MAF out of the intake. Didnt happen lol. Theres like 2 security bolts that hold the MAF in and i didnt have the tool to get them out. So i removed the 4 bolts that connect to the air box and could see it very well.
-Spray the MAF with CRC maf cleaner like 6-12 times and really soaok it haha. Doesnt hurt it one bit
-Place on paper towel and let dry for like 25 mins.
.:What i did TB:.
-Since the intake tube was off by this point, i unplugged the TB harness next.
-I sprayed the Seafoam Deep Creep into the TB, about three 1 second squirts.
-Got a nice roll of paper towels and traced my finger nail around the carbon/gunk around the TB. I used 11 sheets and all of them where pitch black. ALOT OF BUILDUP!
-I used a plastic butterknife from KFC(yeaaaa chicken in the hizzie lol) and used that to clean the other side of the TB(since it was still connected via 4 torq bolts)
-I was terrified to lift the TB, this is where i just stood back and stared at it haha. I moved it about 5 times. It was suprisingly stiff to move too. I pressed my finger against the top of the plate to move it. I did it slowly as well.
-I sprayed a few more Deep Creep squirts onto it and gave it a good final scrubbing
-Plug the TB harness back in and put the rest back together. Last thing to do is plug in your negative battery connection.
Once it all was back i let her sit for about 10 mins then i didnt start it yet. I put the key into the ingition and turned the key to "ON". I could hear the TB click then i turned the car off. That "click"
told me the TB was opening and closing the way it should. Then i started it!
No issues, no wierd idles, no relearning or anything. Just noticeable improvements!
Worked like a charm and im loving the fact its not so bogged down anymore. Got some improvement throughout the power band.