What problems does the G35 Coupe 6mt experience? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • What problems does the G35 Coupe 6mt experience?

What problems does the G35 Coupe 6mt experience?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
What problems does the G35 Coupe 6mt experience?

I'm considering buying a 2003 or 2004 G35 6mt. I'm looking to spend under $13000 for one and have found plenty in my budget however they all have 70-115k on them. I am ok with the mileage personally providing I can still count on being able to have fun with the car, drive it hard and maintain it without major issues.

I have done a good chunk of homework and it seems that these cars have the exact same engine and transmission as the 350z. This concerns me, I've read more than Id like to see about transmissions grinding or completely failing, taking the clutch out with it and being replaced with a new cd009 tranny that ends up behaving the same way. If it isn't just that it's the burning of oil or engine knock and a bad motor that needs to be replaced...

I'd be looking at the 03 or 04 and would like to know what to look for when buying, what to expect in terms on things breaking and solid info on whether to expect this stuff to happen or not so I cab decide whether or not to buy one. It will be my daily driver, I can't deal with Audi like headaches
Old 01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I have an 05 6mt that is currently going through the OC test. I will most likely have to get the engine replaced. Other than that, the things I know of are smaller like the window motors go bad a lot, the paint is prone to chipping, and I get a bunch of creaks and rattles.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
window motors/locks fail pretty often. power seats can be expensive if they go out and it's pretty common among nissans. thinks along the lines of 600+ for the part along. other than the oil consumption issue, the drivetrain seems pretty solid. we do very little service contract claims on Z and G models.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
03-04 dont have the OC problem often.. you'll likely get a failed window regulator or door actuator. compresssion rods go out too.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:47 PM
03-04 6mt's

Have read a bit about window motors and my 06 motors have been replaced as well with revised ones (I was told). No motor issues since.

Bose CD player crapping out (go aftermarket head-unit then).

Oil Consumption not very common on 6mt years you're considering.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Interested

Am actually selling my 04 coupe 6mt...i just got the engine replaced by infiniti because of the burning oil issue. the G is going for $15,000 but we might be able to work something out. dont want to sell it but will have to because of my insurance premium is too high!! am tired of paying so much for insurance. let me know if your interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
I'm considering buying a 2003 or 2004 G35 6mt. I'm looking to spend under $13000 for one and have found plenty in my budget however they all have 70-115k on them. I am ok with the mileage personally providing I can still count on being able to have fun with the car, drive it hard and maintain it without major issues.

I have done a good chunk of homework and it seems that these cars have the exact same engine and transmission as the 350z. This concerns me, I've read more than Id like to see about transmissions grinding or completely failing, taking the clutch out with it and being replaced with a new cd009 tranny that ends up behaving the same way. If it isn't just that it's the burning of oil or engine knock and a bad motor that needs to be replaced...

I'd be looking at the 03 or 04 and would like to know what to look for when buying, what to expect in terms on things breaking and solid info on whether to expect this stuff to happen or not so I cab decide whether or not to buy one. It will be my daily driver, I can't deal with Audi like headaches
Old 01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT View Post
Have read a bit about window motors and my 06 motors have been replaced as well with revised ones (I was told). No motor issues since.

Bose CD player crapping out (go aftermarket head-unit then).

Oil Consumption not very common on 6mt years you're considering.
completely forgot about that one---our cd players drop like flies.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:38 AM
i say get the car its well worth it and its a chick magnet you wont regret it
Old 01-09-2010, 01:46 AM
i've never heard much about this transmission problem. must be and expensive repair. anyone else heard about these transmission problems, doesn't seem to be a noteable thing that is common....some of the guys on this forum go through a lot of clutches tho, but thats just dependant on if you have a high hp engine and if your dumping the clutch.