Short Shifters: Fidanza or Revo any good? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Short Shifters: Fidanza or Revo any good?

G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07
Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Short Shifters: Fidanza or Revo any good?

Old 09-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Short Shifters: Fidanza or Revo any good?

Hey guys, I was checking out what ebay had to offer for short shifters, and for 100 bux less then the B&M they have Fidanza and Revo shifters for about 100 bux a pop. Anyone ever use these or should I just pay the extra 100 for a B&M or a Rogue. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 AM
yea doesnt seem like anyone has ever used these, i think im gona go with a rogue... unless someone chimes in
Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
Ok guys don't laugh but I have no idea about the short throw shifters. From what I read on some other treads about the B&M and the Rouge and sounds like something I want. My Q is what is the difference between the $180 those guys want and the $50 jobs eBay has? I mean I know you get what you pay for but what are the pros/cons of the cheap shifter? Basically explain to me why I should drop the extra $120..... Anyone?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 AM
G35 Twin Turbo
recently we had groub buy for the Rouge SS, they are making the last go. So reserve urs from now.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Rogue Is Awsome
Old 11-16-2006, 12:08 PM
^ Why?? is the question here.......
Old 11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
ebay short throws

I would be careful about buying STS's on e-bay. I bought one and it didn't work right. The little nubby thing that keeps it from going into reverse wasn't big enough. After installing it i could put it into reverse withought pushing down on the shifter. Sorry, I don't remeber what brand it was, but I would go with the B&M. (also after installing it I realized i already had a short throw on )
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Neither!

You spent you hard earned money to gain your car, don't mess it up by putting crap in it. Spend the extra bucks and save your self the head aches in the long run also search the forum for short throw shifters you'll get alot of hits including alot of people not satisfied by the B&M shifter.

Follow the link below

http://setemail.ru/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/121703-rouge-eng-short-throw-shifter.html
Old 11-16-2006, 01:54 PM
perhaps I should clarify my question here. Pretend like you are the salesman and I am the customer in your shop. Sell me on why I should spend they extra money to get the one that it is OBVIOUS that everyone recommends. What is the technical reasons on why one is better than the other. Like what REDRED said about it being too easy to go into reverse stuff like that. I am not saying I am going to cheap out her but I am looking to learn about the short throw before I go ahead and put it in.

Oh and Drummer I did do a search but could not find anything that answered the questions that I have. If you look before I posted in this thread the last post was almost 2 months old. As far as that link you sent that is the exact thread that got me thinking about getting a short throw to begin with. I am just looking to learn something here.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:02 PM
The goblin resurrection
usally the ebay stuff is a copy of a copp of a coppy with no research or technial no how b/m, rouge the spend money on research and development to get there product to the best possible state that it can be so you choose but when you are grinding gears, breaking shift cups and slaming it in to reverse instead of 6th be my guest
Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisnGcoupe
usally the ebay stuff is a copy of a copp of a coppy with no research or technial no how b/m, rouge the spend money on research and development to get there product to the best possible state that it can be so you choose but when you are grinding gears, breaking shift cups and slaming it in to reverse instead of 6th be my guest
Just what he said. It's common sense. By a product that is made
with crap and experience the above. Product and development speaks
for itself.

Think of it this way. Metal becomes hot = weak then your banging
some gears and wamoo the shifter is now broken in 2. Oh, it gets better.
The little piece that broke off is below your cup>>>get it. Now your
calling a flat bed>>>so no more savings.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Grocery getter
I would stick with the Rogue Engineering. It's worth it. Some people say the B&M will rattle after a little while.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:28 PM
The biggest difference between the 50 dollar ones and 180 are the time and research done to the shifter. %0 bucks ones are usually a copy and not tested while the 180 have gone through extensive research and developemnt.

Is almost like asing why pay for a $50k car when you can get a car for 10k.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
OK, so here is my pitch:

You have a high performance car that you like to drive like one. Are you satisfied with the feel and action of the stock shifter? If not, an STS is the way to go. In making a decision on which one to buy, you need to consider at least a few, very important things:

1. Is it designed to INCREASE the feel and action of shifting while also correcting flaws inherent in the stock design?

2. Is it designed to work as well or better with the existing, complimentary shift mechanisms (cup, linkage, ****, etc)?

3. What differentiates it from others that meet the above criteria?

A Rogue Engineering STS more than satisfies the above questions. The engineers at Rogue specialize in very few performance upgrade items and even fewer cars, primarily BMW. They have chosen to focus their energy on and develop products of which they are passionate and have expertise. A company like B&M makes tons of products and is about "time to market" and "one size fits all". How much time do you think they spent innovating a product specifically for the G35? Or did they go with a design improvement, utilizing known technology to make a shifter that would improve the action and be marketable, but is probably mediocre compared to a dedicated design? I would say the later is true.

Go to the RE website and read about their focus on innovation and improvement. It will become obvious. They developed their STS for the G35/350Z to be the best possible STS it could be. I have recently installed one and was very pleased with the quality and design of the product. The shifting is tight, precise and quick. I have not had a mis-shift since I installed it.

I don't have any affilliation with RE. I read about the shifter on this forum and bought one based on the comments made by people that have modified their Gs and track drive them occassionally.

As far as anything on Ebay... I don't buy anything Ebay. Got burned once too many times. As far as I am concerned, Ebay has become a marketplace for crap and crooks.