• TPMS Sensor & Inspection

The G-Spot
General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

TPMS Sensor & Inspection

Old 01-08-2010, 09:34 PM
TPMS Sensor & Inspection

Hey Guys,

I have my TPMS light on in my car and need to go and get the car inspected.
Not sure if it will fail for this or not. Anyone here taken their G to inspection with the TPMS light on?

Let me know how it went and if you passed/failed for it.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Do you still have your sensors in your wheels. If so than check your air. It is probably just low.

Good Luck
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 AM
If you have aftermarket wheels without the TPMS sensors, you should not fail the inspection for that. Just let them know, if they even ask, that your wheels are incompatible with TPMS but are fine.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Hey thanks for your replies guys.
I put on an aftermarket set of wheels for the winter and they do NOT have the TPMS sensor in them.

I went to inspection today and the car passed fine. I asked the guy at the beginning if that dash light would make me fail and he said no. The only one that would make you fail would be the Check Engine light.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:50 PM
No, the tire pressure does not effect certifications.

Just read the post above me... nice lol
Old 01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morovasa View Post
The only one that would make you fail would be the Check Engine light.
I've got one of those! I blame NJ gas station attendants for never screwing my gas cap on all the way. Wish me luck next month...
Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,054 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelarsky View Post
I've got one of those! I blame NJ gas station attendants for never screwing my gas cap on all the way. Wish me luck next month...
Your telling us that someone actually pumps your gas for you, and they're called attendants....this is in NJ? We had that in CA. years ago but they were charging extra for the service so it died. Now even my wife pumps her own gas, this in itself is amazing....
Gary
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 AM
^You call them whatever you want, I guess. But they are at every gas station, you don't pay more, and you (or at least I) don't tip them. But then again, it is illegal to pump your own gas. The downside is you're not in charge of screwing on the gas cap or keeping drips from running down the fender.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Besides NJ, the only other state that I know of that has banned self service stations is the Peoples Republic of Oregon. They feel that the extra cost to their citizens for gas is offset by those minimum wage jobs created for the gas pumpers.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
Your telling us that someone actually pumps your gas for you, and they're called attendants....this is in NJ? Gary

Law passed in 1949....NJ felt it was unsafe to pump gas unless properly trained. So all station attendants take a course to "learn" how to pump gas, and then go work as attendants. You aren't allowed to pump your own gas. Oregon is like this too. They don't want to get rid of the law because it would take a way a lot of jobs and I think the gas pumper's union has a lot of pull

I don't care if it's 10 degrees out and a blizzard...i pump my own gas.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM
^I used to feel that way, but I've come to terms with staying in my heated seats listening to my ipod while someone else takes their gloves off to get the gas cap off. I only get flustered when "fill it up premium" somehow translates to "regular 87 unleaded."

I had an attendant once (after I yelled I wanted premium) say that "it doesn't matter; all same gas; all good gas." Since then, I've gotten my gas pumped at the same pump at the same station by the same 2 guys.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Can one take this course and pump his own gas? I'd do it to keep those drips off my car. (double entendre!)
Old 01-14-2010, 08:10 AM
The one and only time i went to a full serve station, the guy hit the nozzle on the side of the car and put a nice scratch in the car.

Since then...i pump myself