bmw 645ci, opinions - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • bmw 645ci, opinions

bmw 645ci, opinions

Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 AM
bmw 645ci, opinions

guys, i always like german cars. used sl500, 330d(yes diesel), e430 so its a bit of a old habit

i was looking into the second hand car market an saw the 6 series (645ci)selling around 30K (mileage is around 80-90K/km year mostly 2004-2005)

i know how much it cost to maintain a G but thinking in 1-2 years i wanna have either this car or any equivalent (price wise) luxury coupe.

i was wondering what do you think the pros-cons of having a 645ci. im thinking of buying a second hand probably still little bit left on the warranty.i really like the look of this car, engine is awesome and its a bimmer
i really value your opinions, and thanks in advance.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
btw i searched in other cars sections, there r couple of threads but mainly little kids driving their father's 645ci or tell how they race a 645ci and won it. so nothing really helps
the price is around 32k-40k but i know a nice private sale would be a stealer

Old 11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
it's a nice looking car but the one thing I've heard about bmws (brother in law is a manager at a bmw dealership outside of montreal) is they are a fair bit more to maintain - if done at dealership and their electronics are much more expensive if they go for a ****.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
if you're located near the mississauga area u can take the car to for maintenance. his rates are down to earth and he doesn't d*ck u around on anything.

i don't know much about the 645.. but i've had my 335 close to 2 years now and the car has been pretty much flawless. the quality of the materials in the car are beyond anything i had in my 05 G. considering the 6 series is close to the top of their model line-up i would assume equal or better materials in it.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:58 PM
hate the front, love the rear
Old 11-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRider View Post
hate the front, love the rear
haha everyone tells me opposite, they say the trunk look as if its taped

the look is awesome, they could have made it little bit agressive in the front but they already done and it is the m6 cant afford it in the next 10 years

thanks for the advices, thats what i am thinking in terms of maintenance and since im gonna be buying one with relatively low mileage the problems would be less, i hope (i got my G when its 65K, flawless so far with minor things here and there), there's always alternative places to take it,

i've started reading some reviews, lot of people complained how the tires can go flat so easily, i dunno why? but havent heard major thing so far.

if u have any friends/or u, using the 6 series, i am looking forward to reading ur reviews as well.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:48 PM
I think its a great looking car for a nice cruiser!

You can always change out the front to the m6 front if you want a more aggresive look. If you've had german cars before, you know they will last you a very longtime if mantained well-its just pricier to maintain.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
If it's what you really like .... go for it.
JMO, but I'd rather own the v8 long term out of warranty than the N54 turbo.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:02 PM
I hate all the new BMWs, except the 7 series and M coupe.

The coolness of them died with the E46 in my opinion.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
I love the 6 series. When we were in Europe, we saw tons of 1's, several 3, and LOTS of M6's! I didn't quite have the appriecation of them until I drove in my brothers in London - he has had it for 2 years, no issues, kinda freaky driving in a car like that on the wrong side of the road! I'd get a 6 series if I had the $$'s - for now I am quite content with my pair of G's!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTgr8r View Post
If it's what you really like .... go for it.
JMO, but I'd rather own the v8 long term out of warranty than the N54 turbo.
Hi InTgr8r, what do you mean if you do not mind elaborating, thank u

i think i am pretty confident with their engineering and havent seen any general complaints. i used in Europe, in terms of labor its pretty cheap back there,alternative repair places are everywhere.

it will suck in terms of fuel consumption (what do u expect its a v8 :P )

i once got inside of m6, it feels so luxurious
Old 11-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Just saying the V8 should stand up well.
The current N54 engines in the 335 etc, are still unproven, long term.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks for the reply, yeah you are right, i have even searched the european firms, most of them are really happy with the v8 engine, even they say the fuel consumption is pretty good for a v8.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:07 AM
we have a 08 650ci at the shop and let me tell you... one of the parts we needed to order cost around 2400$ .. and all it did was manage the window relays... its an auction car that we are fixing up for a client.. he picked it up for 13000$ - water damage... it still drives like new... almost done... so far.. the tabs at 20,000$ with 90% complete... not bad eh...

the point of that story was... bimmer parts are f***** expensive!!!! for him, it was alright since he got the car for a steal... but for a normal person ... 2400$ is a lot of money for something sooo small... imagine you opt'd to not fix it.. ur driving an 08 bmw coupe and can't use the windows lol....

also.. its got so much different ecus for every little thing... and the only way to replace them is through the dealership... can't just take an ecu from the junkyard... so beware

I love bimmers for their handling. PERIOD. they are not reliable cars...
Old 11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t7n7 View Post
they are not reliable cars...
how do u come to the conclusion that they are not reliable cars? because the one u were working on had water damage and the electric windows stopped working?

one of the reasons i bought an infiniti in the past is because i always thought that as a general rule, japanese cars simply had far better quality/reliability than any other manufacturer around. in fact i had an acura cls before my g35 and that car never saw a single problem before it was stolen.

the infitniti on the other hand was absolutely one of my worst all time car purchases in regards to quality/reliability. it had countless problems that the dealerships spent months fixing... it was in the shop every single month after a year and a half of ownership, and it was the shortest kept vehicle i have ever owned. when u work full time, a person doesn't have the patience to babysit a vehicle at the dealership every month so i had to ditch it.

i don't deny there is any one manufacturer that is perfect when it comes to quality and reliability, but to my eyes the difference between my current 335 and my past g35 is night and day.