Need a DIY to replace the stock Bose amp - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | setemail.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Need a DIY to replace the stock Bose amp

Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Need a DIY to replace the stock Bose amp

Old 05-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Need a DIY to replace the stock Bose amp

I have an differential-balanced signal JL amp already but I'm a newbie to this so a DIY would be nice, I've searched and searched and have not found anything except how to add an sub amp only not replace the factory one.

At least I would like to know what cables do I need to replace and which ones I can keep and what stuff do I need for it. Thanks any type of help will be appreciated !

I have a 2004 G35 coupe with Bose
Old 05-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat Kid View Post
I have an differential-balanced signal JL amp already but I'm a newbie to this so a DIY would be nice, I've searched and searched and have not found anything except how to add an sub amp only not replace the factory one.

At least I would like to know what cables do I need to replace and which ones I can keep and what stuff do I need for it. Thanks any type of help will be appreciated !

I have a 2004 G35 coupe with Bose
You'll need to run a new power cable from the battery and a new ground.

You can re-use the audio signal input and outputs and remote power signal. If you only have a 4-channel amp, I'd use the rear 6x9's and front door speakers.

Colors of the wires can all be found in the field service manual:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
Dat Kid (05-27-2014), lincolnpeters (07-11-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Omg! In exact same predicament. I have a lighting audio b4.320.4 a 4 channel and a 03 g35 sedan. Power wire is ran already to the trunk. Is it as simple as just swapping out the stock amp for the lighting?? Can do all the rewiring at the stock amp without having to open up the front doors?

Old 05-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger Guzman View Post
Omg! In exact same predicament. I have a lighting audio b4.320.4 a 4 channel and a 03 g35 sedan. Power wire is ran already to the trunk. Is it as simple as just swapping out the stock amp for the lighting?? Can do all the rewiring at the stock amp without having to open up the front doors?

I can't find anything to verify, but I'm pretty sure that amp doesn't take differential-balanced signals, so it probably won't be a direct swap like a JL amp is.

Go ahead and try hooking it up though, you might get lucky, but if you you get a noisy/quiet signal, that's the most likely reason.

Yes. All the rewiring can be done at the stock amp location, no opening of the doors necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrathernaut For This Useful Post:
Tyger Guzman (05-28-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
You'll need to run a new power cable from the battery and a new ground.

You can re-use the audio signal input and outputs and remote power signal. If you only have a 4-channel amp, I'd use the rear 6x9's and front door speakers.

Colors of the wires can all be found in the field service manual:
Thanks a lot man! Glad to know that I don't have to re wire everything. I'm actually removed the 6x9s since I already have a sub, planning to buy Polk mm6501s and power then with the amp. I saw them for a lower price in the370z.com but the admin won't confirm my account and doesn't reply to his email. Really annoyed by that and theres no way to contact the seller
Old 05-28-2014, 04:53 AM
Gonna attempt mine soon, ill take pictures and all to post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger Guzman View Post
Gonna attempt mine soon, ill take pictures and all to post
Do it I would love to see it for reference, if I do it first I'll try to post pics too!